Summary of Duties
Reports to the Assessment Review Officer and processes and coordinates the Tax Adjustment function, processes vacancy recalculations and assists in various clerical duties associated with Assessment. Reports also to the Local Improvement and Assessment Analyst and provides assessment inquiry service for internal and external customers. Provides clerical support to Revenue staff.
- Processes and calculates Commercial/Industrial Vacancy Rebate applications including recalculation of the vacancy rebated claw back where there has been a reduction in the assessed value.
- Processes tax adjustments in accordance with the Municipal Act by analysing, interpreting and calculating information.
- Prepares Tax Adjustment Agenda and prepares Notices of Meeting and Decisions.
- Assists in the preparation of miscellaneous charges to the Collector's Roll such as Business Improvement Area Assessments.
- Responds to public and staff inquiries related to property assessment/tax information by telephone, in person and by correspondence.
- Processes incoming mail for Assessment section.
- Searches for properties on intranet map when address and legal description is not available.
- Provides operator assistance for staff and public for extracting current and historical assessment information from Assessment Rolls using VTAX enquiry, microfilm, microfiche and hardbound copies.
- Prepares Assessment documents for certification.
- Extracts information from the Assessment Roll for various purposes.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties including typing, filing, checking, indexing, sorting and record keeping related to the Assessment and Local Improvement Section.
- Processes hydro arrears for addition to the Collector’s Roll, Vital Services.
- Processes payments by completing invoices and depositing funds with Customer Service Representative, Revenue.
- Operates standard office equipment.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Completion of a one year Community College Certificate in Business Fundamentals or equivalent field of study.
Specialized Training & Licenses
Typing speed required is 50 w.p.m.
Compensation and Other Information
$36,112 - $52,459 (Level 6)
This is a permanent position being filled on a temporary basis for up to 1 year.
This position is currently under review.
Current hours of Work: Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
These hours of work are subject to change in accordance with the Collective Agreement and may include evening hours and Saturdays.
NOTE: Applicants may be required to complete a job related test.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.