Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Manager IV, Realty Services, the Manager II, Realty Services supports the work of the Division by coordinating and managing a broad range of realty service-related activities and strategies, conducting financial reviews, transaction management, and leading negotiations and policy development.
- Assists the Manager IV, Realty Services to manage the efficient and effective operation of the Realty Services Division within Finance and Corporate Services.
- Recommends the purchase of property for the Corporation and the sale and rental of corporately owned property, including expropriation proceedings where necessary.
- Manages the day-to-day activities and provides direction to the staff in the Realty Services Division to obtain objectives and goals of the Service Area and Division.
- Manages personnel by regularly evaluating performance and developing staff by providing guidance and feedback.
- Attends Hearing of Necessity and Local Planning Appeal Tribunal hearings related to expropriation matters and provides instructions to legal counsel.
- Leads complex negotiations for the purchase and sale of property rights on behalf of the City.
- Provides management oversight over City-owned rental properties, and City-owned industrial parks.
- Manages the coordination of in-house property appraisals and the procurement of external independent appraisals where required in connection with the purchase and sale of property by the Corporation and in relationship to the assessment review function.
- Attends and makes presentations to City Council, Corporate Services Committee and Standing Committees as required.
- Manages the Realty Services operating budget and establishes and maintains appropriate records, key performance indicators, procedures and reports related to the Realty Services Division.
- Provides management input regarding staff hiring, promotions, demotions, disciplines and transfers.
- Liaise with senior members of the Civic Administration on Real Estate Matters.
- Provide oversight and approval to departmental administrative activities.
- Leads policy review and develops new policy and procedures for Realty Services.
- Provides direction to Manager I, Realty Services.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Represents the Manager IV as required.
- University degree in Business Administration, Real Estate, Property Management or equivalent in a specialized related discipline.
- Five to seven years of management experience in property management, negotiations and appraisals. Experience in the supervision of staff.
- Member in good standing in the Appraisal Institute of Canada and either membership in the Institute of Municipal Assessors of Ontario or the International Right-of-Way Association or equivalent.
Specialized Training & Licenses
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in report writing, and preparing correspondence.
- Ability to coach, mentor, motivate and develop staff and project teams, and provide leadership as a team player.
- Superior negotiation skills. Ability to motivate and influence others in situations requiring cooperation and consensus.
- Proven ability to lead projects to successful conclusion while following best practices.
- Demonstrated customer service skills to promote cooperation and collaboration both within and external to the organization.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills, consulting and strategic planning skills.
- Advanced analytical skills to analyse complex situations and resolve complex problems.
- Excellent ability to utilize relevant computer software applications.
- Valid Class G drivers licence required.
Compensation and Other Information
$87,602 to $118,941
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
Visit the Our Organization pages to learn more about working with us.