Systemair is a leading ventilation company with operations in 50 countries in Europe, North America, South America, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and Africa. Systemair contributes to enhancing the indoor environment with energy-efficient and sustainable products that reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
Our Systemair facility located in Tillsonburg Ontario is the manufacturing center of commercial air handling units (AHU) for North America.
We have an opening for a Purchasing Manager to join our team. The Purchasing Manager is a professional and thorough individual responsible for all activities related to the materials used in our facility. This individual oversees the sourcing, acquisition, receiving, handling, storage and shipping of material and products.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and promptly communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Control and analyze the buying of all material, monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
- Asses tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Work closely with production to assure materials arrive just in time
- Manage inventory levels and controls
- Manage Purchasing & Materials personnel
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce cost where possible
- Assume other related responsibilities at the request of the General Manager
We provide an attractive compensation package including competitive group insurance benefits and RRSP employer contribution plan.
- Very strong working knowledge of office applications and ERP systems
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in purchasing and managing inventory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to both internal and external clients and suppliers
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to efficiently schedule and plan
- Trustworthy, dependable and a detail oriented person
- Completion of a college diploma in business or equivalent work experience
- Basic technical or mechanical knowledge would be an asset
Systemair is committed to provide a fully accessible recruitment process. Please advise us if you require any accommodations.
Systemair has a covid-19 policy in place including distancing measures, wearing masks while on the premises and screening process for all employees and visitors.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume to HR.TB@systemair.net.