For more than 30 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions. Today, with four busy clinics in three of London’s most under-served regions, the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer health, care of marginalized women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for people who are at the margins in our community.
About the Position
Our growing team is in need of an assistant who is strong in administrative coordination and is experienced in board governance.
Reporting to the Manager of Strategy, Quality and Governance, the successful applicant will act as the board secretary to our Board of Directors, and fulfill various administrative tasks for the operations team.
This position is an integral support to the Board of Directors, and acts as the scheduler, secretary and assistant, ensuring quorum and appropriate record keeping are achieved for all meetings, and pre-meeting materials are collected and circulated.
Additionally, this role will maintain a central database of the organization’s policies, reporting requirements and accreditation requirements, working with leadership to ensure they remain up to date, and in good standing.
As the central access point for staff to obtain bus tickets, taxi vouchers, grocery cards and other petty cash items, diligence is required to maintain financial integrity and accurate record keeping.
General administrative support also includes room booking, supply ordering, data entry, report creation, travel arrangements and scheduling complex meetings. As a direct assistant, this role will have the opportunity to support many projects in various capacities.
This full-time position typically works Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, with some early morning and evening availability required for Board meetings and functions.
- 3 years of experience supporting administrative functions within a busy office environment
- 1-2 years of experience with formal Board governance and protocol, volunteer experience will be considered
- 1-3 years of experience minute-taking for internal and external reporting
- Completion of post-secondary education in business administration or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate proficiently with tact and diplomacy with both internal and external partners
- Understanding and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, cultural understanding, and non-judgement
- Experience coordinating small-scale projects and events
Nice to Haves:
- French and other language skills are considered an asset in supporting the communities we serve
- Experience with other software applications including databases, Adobe PDF applications
What’s in it for you:
With a strong focus on employee well-being and development, LIHC is proud to support our staff with a well-structured compensation plan:
How to Apply:
If you feel you are the right person for us and we are the right place for you, please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position title in the subject line of the email. If possible, please also indicate in the body of the email where you are applying from (our website, Indeed.ca, professional association employment boards, post-secondary institution employment boards, etc.).
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, we can only accept applications by email at this time. Those selected for interview will be contacted and interviews will be conducted using Zoom. If this technology presents a barrier, arrangements can be made to best suit the needs of the applicant. Further to this, the successful applicant will be working both onsite and from home in the initial employment period.*
Submissions will only be accepted until May 31, 2020.
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve.
Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or like us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre.
- A competitive salary with a starting range of $21-$23 per hour
- 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Participation in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Paid sick and emergency time to tend to self and family care
- Paid vacation time
- Paid time to promote mental well-being and prevent burnout
- Paid professional development time and funds to support your career goals
- Numerous interdisciplinary training opportunities to promote growth in your role