This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 09, 2021
The Graphic Design and User Experience Coordinator works with a creative and dynamic team to support the conceptualization, implementation and coordination of digital and print communications and marketing solutions that advance United Way’s mission and strategies.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- Produce digital and print materials that provide an exceptional user experience
- Contribute to design briefs by gathering information and data through primary and secondary research
- Ensure projects are completed on time, cost-effective and delivered within budget
- Provide follow-up and trouble-shooting to ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Liaise with external vendors for pricing quotes and print or digital production
- Assist with monitoring the use of United Way’s trademark, logos and images to ensure compliance with national brand standards; train staff and volunteers on brand usage
- Track social media, website, news media metrics on a monthly basis
- Monitor effectiveness of Search Engine Optimization and marketing initiatives; trouble shoot low rankings and develop improvement strategies/tactics
- Conduct audits and updates for United Way’s website and social media platforms; monitor and maintain AODA compliance
- Develop and maintain special event microsites for registration, donations and ticketing
- Assist with event staging and multimedia needs such as, photo, video, PowerPoint
- Conduct post-event activities such as managing and distributing materials, cataloguing photos and videos, uploading content to digital platforms and providing performance metrics
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure the safe and effective operations of the organization
We encourage qualified candidates to email their cover letter and resume along with a link to view their portfolio or attach a pdf of their portfolio by Friday, August 6, 4:30 p.m., to Lisa Simmons, Executive Assistant and Human Resources Officer:
- Post-secondary credentials or equivalent combination of education and work experience in digital and graphic design or marketing
- Minimum of two years’ relevant work experience in design
- Ability to manage heavy workloads and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while producing accurate, high-quality work and maintaining professionalism
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with an above average level of initiative and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms and email marketing software (MailChimp)
- Proficiency in updating and maintaining digital assets such as websites, microsites and social media content
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization and AODA requirements
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and virtual meeting platforms; experience using MS Teams
- Experience using Google Analytics to collect and report metrics
- Knowledge of filming, video editing software (After Effects, Premiere Pro), and digital advertising are considered an asset
- Experience working with crowdfunding platforms (OneCause, GoFundMe, Kickstarter) and CRM database applications
- Good writing and photography skills
- Strong communication, relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to flex work schedule to attend meetings and special events or respond to urgent communications updates that may occur outside office hours
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle with a minimum of $1,000,000 insurance coverage considered an asset
United Way Elgin Middlesex
409 King St, London, ON N6B 1S5
If selected, interviews will be flexible and make the most use of virtual options available.
United Way Elgin Middlesex is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects our diverse community that we serve. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who may need accommodation to apply to join our team. By incorporating a variety of experiences and perspectives, we create opportunities for innovative solutions and maximize the impact of our work.
We appreciate all applicants’ interest but are only able to contact those candidates who will be invited to the interview process. All applications will be held in confidence.