The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc – Full-Time Job Opportunity
Engineering Technologist, Public Works
The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc is looking for someone who shares our values of teamwork, respect, honesty and commitment. You will be joining a team of dedicated, professional and committed co-workers, willing to go the extra mile to serve residents and ratepayers. Our mission is to lead and serve our communities by pursuing opportunities, leveraging partnerships and managing our resources to achieve growth. The bar is set high, but we strive to reach it together.
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow and promote positive change in a friendly, safe environment, we’d love to hear from you!
Strathroy-Caradoc… Urban Opportunity, Rural Hospitality.
The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc’s Engineering and Public Works Department is currently accepting applications for one (1) full-time permanent “Engineering Technologist, Public Works.”
The Engineering Technologist, Public Works, is responsible for the sound management and planning of construction and infrastructure projects, as well as evaluating and coordinating issues within the Public Works Division. The Engineering Technologist will also participate in the collection and management of data that will provide the necessary information for the preparation and implementation of the Capital Asset Management Plan. The Engineering Technologist will maintain the various software databases and electronic files related to their duties, as well coordinate all environmental services ratepayer related matters.
As a member of the Municipal team, each employee is responsible for serving the citizens of Strathroy-Caradoc by meeting the ratepayers’ needs and expectations, as articulated by Council, by striving to be the best in everything we do through attitude, training and creativity, and for representing the Municipality as a strong, integrated organization dedicated to quality, sustainable and viable services.
To view full job description please visit www.strathroy-caradoc.ca
Wage: Band 5 - $61,819.74 - $77,274.67
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package and participation in the OMERS pension plan
Qualified candidates are invited to e-mail their cover letter and resume by 4:30pm, Tuesday, May 11, 2021 to:
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for employment purposes. The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
- Post-secondary education in engineering or related discipline.
- Certified as an Engineering Technologist (CET) by the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT).
- Three (3) years’ engineering experience. Experience in municipal drainage matters considered an asset.
- Municipal Drainage Superintendent Course through Drainage Superintendents Association of Ontario (DSAO) considered an asset.
- Proficient in the use of surveying equipment, plan review and knowledge of municipal infrastructure is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate courteously and effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of staff, elected officials, consultants, contractors and the general public.
- Thorough working knowledge of Public Works infrastructure, Municipal Drains and provincial subsidy processes.
- Experience working in a unionized environment considered an asset.
- Understands and ensures compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations, and any Municipality policies and procedures
- Computer literacy utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and virtual meeting platforms.
- Must have a valid class “G” Ontario Driver’s licence with a satisfactory driver’s abstract
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check prior to starting employment.