Together we’re going places!
Voyago is currently recruiting for Director, Fleet Services in SW Ontario.
Voyago is Ontario’s Leading Mobility company, a subsidiary of Transdev. We’re hiring dynamic, high achievers looking to be Difference Makers within the industry. Voyago continues to advance across Ontario with our multi-model diverse platform covering all mobility segments, including Medical Transportation, Student Transportation, and Public sectors with Mass Transit, Para Transit, and On Demand Personal Mobility.
Our employee success is built on our commitment and emphasis on training and orientation process. Voyago prides itself on the growth of our employees by supporting and encouraging them to develop skills that lead to successful careers.
Voyago believes in the strength of our people and remains committed to our Golden Values statement created to reflect our promise of performance to our employees, customers, and communities in which we operate.
Our teams are continuously recognized as top performers in client programs and Safety awards. Voyago is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers and a recipient of the Excellence Award. If you’re a self-starter looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your achievements come join us, apply today.
Reporting directly to the President, the Director, Fleet Services is responsible for a wide spectrum of responsibilities dealing with company vehicles & maintenance facilities and must be able to multitask with ease and proficiency. This position will be based in SW Ontario (London – Toronto West), but have accountability for our garage and third party operations throughout Ontario.
Who Is Your Boss?
You report to a leader who appreciates your ability to lead with emotional intelligence and intuition. They expect you to ask questions, try, take risks and make mistakes. Knowing that numbers do not get past you inspire their confidence; and, the assurance that you will never put in a process that is detrimental to the team secures their trust!
1. Procurement & Asset Management
- Establish and oversee the strategic management of physical assets (mainly fleet and facilities) of the company, including procurement, replacement and disposal.
- Assesses divisional vehicles for replacement
- Optimizes the use of the fleet throughout the lifecycle
- Establishes service standards, policies and procedures
- Negotiates parts/fluids/tools/services with vendors & manufacturers
- Performs vendor visits/reviews
- Ensures maintenance of Company vehicles in accordance with established standards and policies
- Ensure the safety, availability and reliability of the fleet
- Controls the maintenance costs
- Reviews of all maintenance schedules on an annual basis
- Obtains estimates, issue work order, purchase order or insurance work order,
- Coordinates all shop maintenance outsourcing and outside garage work
- Coordinates vehicle repairs; liaise with insurance
- Obtains vehicle/component warranties
- Responsible for overseeing Fleet Services’ garage locations and physical facilities
- Collect, analyze, and present key performance indicators related to fleet services to management and operations
- Inventory management
- Responsible for Fleet Services’ budgets and actual results
- Provides a long-term view of vehicle replacement capital expenditures and vehicle operational expenditures according to fleet projections.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Accountable for a team of licensed mechanics and administrative support staff in multiple locations
Why work for us?
- Completion of a University or College education or equivalent in a relevant field of study
- 5-7 years experience in a similar role
- 310S or 310T license is an asset but not required
- Experience working in a management capacity
- Leadership skills
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Analytical skills for evaluating shop operation processes
- Familiar with Health & Safety Act and National Safety Code
- Knowledge of procurement policies
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Competitive Benefit Offering
- Rewarding career with a growing company
- Great company culture
- Award Winning
- Growth oriented company
- Subsidiary of Global Transportation Provider (Transdev)
Sounds interesting? Please send your resume and salary expectations directly to Sandra Grant, VP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Voyago is committed to provide accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the internal or external applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants however only those under consideration will be contacted.