||Jun 04, 2020
Salford Group strives to help farmers build productive high-yielding soils, by designing, manufacturing and marketing some of the most innovative tools available in commercial agriculture today. Salford maintains and continuously works to improve a full line of tillage, seeding and fertilizer application equipment.
Salford Group machinery has been built by employees with agricultural backgrounds and continues to develop machines with producer input and extensive on-farm testing to back up state of the art computer aided design models. This blend of experience and technology makes Salford the choice of commercial agricultural enterprise.
With facilities Iowa, Ontario, Manitoba, Georgia and Russia, Salford Group is a global leader in the manufacturing of tillage, seeding, and precision application equipment. The company dedicates its ongoing efforts to precision, durability, versatility in the field, and improving the economics of farming worldwide.
Salford Group is currently seeking a reliable person to work in their Fabrication Department as a VMC/CNC Operator at Salford, Ontario head office – located south of Ingersoll on Hwy 19, near 401.
- Programs machines for required operations including drilling, milling, roughing and semi-finishing and finishing machining.
- Operates CNC Machining Centre using controls to adjust feeds and speeds in order to achieve maximum operating efficiencies and quality of workmanship.
- Checks and verifies machining operation at each step of the process using measuring instruments.
- Performs regular inspection of assigned machine and maintains cleanliness of machine and area.
- Reports ineffective/broken tooling, tooling required to order and machine problems to immediate supervisor.
- Sharpens cutting tools using bench or pedestal grinder.
- Operates overhead crane system using chains, eyebolts, slings, etc. as necessary to move work pieces or other materials when, where, and as required in the safest manner possible.
- Trains new employees as directed.
- Uses and wears the equipment, protective devices and clothing as required by the company.
- Complies with all company rules, policies, procedures, and programs.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
Days Monday to Friday, 42 hour/week
Nights Monday to Thursday, 42 hours/week
Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing the job posting title in the subject line. Resumes can be dropped off at either Salford or Norwich.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- CNC Machinist or Apprentice
- Power Mill programing software or any programing software is an asset
- CNC machine operating experience is an asset.
- This position has seasonal and full-time openings for nights, with training on day shift. Additional overtime available.