This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Mar 27, 2020
||College Diploma (2 years)
Electronics Technician – Research & Development
On behalf of my client in London I am recruiting for an R&D Supervisor to join the design team for production of special custom electrical / mechanical equipment. The ideal candidate would have a sense of loyalty and want to stay and grow in a small, family-oriented company. The goal for this position is to ultimately take over for the current R&D Manager who will be retiring within 5 years approximately.
SALARY: $60,000 Annually and 3 Weeks of Vacation
POSITION REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Education in Electronics Engineering Technology or similar
- 3 to 5 Years of Electronics Design is required with experience in Mechanical Design an asset
- Software: AutoCAD Inventor for Electro-Mechanical Product Design
- Ability to learn and take direction from the R&D Manager in an effort to absorb his knowledge
- Design to prototype experience with Electro-Mechanical products / equipment
- Basic knowledge of chemical compositions and handling an asset but not required
- Knowledge of Fog Fluid, Snow, Bubble, Flammables an asset but not required
- Understanding of metal fabrication would be an asset
- Strong knowledge of Electro-Mechanical Products
- Experience designing and troubleshooting electro-mechanical equipment
The primary responsibility for this position is to work with the current R&D Manager who is set to retire within 5 years based on the ability to back fill his position and transfer his knowledge. Duties would include electro-mechanical product design in 3D using CAD from a 2D Drawing provided by the Manager in addition but not limited to:
- Using AutoCAD Inventor to create 2D and 3D drawings for electro-mechanical products
- Implementing design change orders to prototype / product at client request
- (SDS) Safety Data Sheets up keep and preparation for newly created products
Note: To be considered you must have 3 or more years’ experience in design outside of school and electronic product design is an absolute requirement to be successful in this role.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Kaitlyn.Kirby@ExpressPros.com
- Creating Manuals and writing documentation about the product and supply photographs
- Application recommendation: Intake of the project requirements and working in partnership with Sales team to develop new design concepts
- Problem Troubleshooting with new or existing products through remote support
- Project Management: design and coordinate projects for prototype
- Vendor Management: outsourcing products i.e. laser cut metal casings, painted chassis pieces
- Strong customer facing skills are an asset
- Represent the company at industry trade shows in North America
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
Questions? Please contact me directly during business hours at 519-672-7620 Ext. 230.