||May 20, 2020
Western University delivers an academic experience second to none. Western challenges the best and brightest faculty, staff and students to commit to the highest global standards. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western attracts individuals with a broad worldview, seeking to study, influence and lead in the international community. Since 1878, The Western Experience has combined academic excellence with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social and cultural growth in order to better serve our communities.
The vision and mission of the Department of Anesthesia & Perioperative Medicine is to be an internationally acclaimed academic department in anesthesia, pain management and critical care. We strive to provide exemplary patient care and foster excellence in anesthesia delivery, research and education at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and in continuing medical education at regional, national and international levels.
The Manager, Administration and Finance provides strategic leadership and management for the Department of Anesthesia & Perioperative Medicine. As a member of the management team, the Manager assists in establishing the vision for, and directs the finance and administrative functions of the Department. In collaboration with the Department Chair, the Manager is responsible and accountable for the development of the departmental strategic plan and leads the implementation to ensure successful alignment and progress. The incumbent ensures that appropriate financial and administrative procedures and practices are in place, in accordance with University and Hospital polices, to meet the multiple missions of medical education program delivery, research and scholarly work, and provision of medical services by full-time clinical academic faculty and community-based faculty of the Department. The Manager ensures continuity of administrative operations throughout changes in clinical academic leadership in a complex and interwoven institutional environment.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Administration, Healthcare or equivalent/related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Enrolment in or completion of Canadian Institute of Management (CIM) designation preferred
- Enrolment in or completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation preferred
- 5 years’ senior management experience (HR, financial, administrative, operational)
- 5 years’ supervisory experience (leading teams and leadership)
- Experience in strategic planning, implementation and operationalization
- Experience in a unionized or public sector environment preferred
- Experience in a clinical academic environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills working with collective agreements, employment standards and the ability to advise on policies and procedures as they relate to different employee groups
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop a shared vision to lead and coach employees to excellence
- Demonstrated advanced judgment, analytical and problem solving skills with a consultative and collaborative approach to addressing issues and opportunities
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners and external agencies
- Critical thinking and discernment to assess and scope areas for improvement and an ability to offer creative solutions
- Proven ability to take initiative and in depth knowledge of how to champion a project from conception through implementation and evaluation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence dealing with all levels of an organization
- Ability to establish effective methods for excellent communication with all members of the team to maximize productivity
- Ability to understand customer needs and expectations and provide excellent customer service directly and indirectly to satisfy expectations
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving ability with a solid understanding of key financial principles and the ability to effectively develop sound financial plans
- Proven self-driven, independent thinker who is highly motivated and possesses an intrinsic passion for quality.
- Advanced planning and organizational skills with a proven ability to build and manage a financial and business plan
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects, and rapidly changing priorities
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft applications (Finance and HR) and web-based applications is preferred
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference #19740, by midnight on June 9, 2020.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.