||Jun 05, 2020
We currently are recruiting for a Fabrication Supervisor – Day Shift in our Norwich, Ontario Plant.
Salford is a cutting edge original equipment manufacturer of high-end tillage, fertilizer, aeration and seeding equipment. Our very successful product lines are sold all over the world and we continue to lead the way in technical innovation. Our Head office is located in Salford Ontario with other manufacturing facilities in Iowa, Georgia, Manitoba and Western Russia.
For more information on Salford, visit our website at www.salfordgroup.com
- Ensure paperwork is complete at each stage of fabrication
- Work with the fabrication team to continually improve efficiency
- Ensure employees have properly trained and cross-trained to maintain a flexible team.
- Work with fabricator team members to meet production targets
- Ensure safety procedures are followed
- Ensure fabrications meet quality standards
- Coordinate between fabrication and down stream processes
- Search for the creative and inventive solutions for technical problems
- Provide quantitative data for producing progress reports
- Develop and grow the leadership capability within the fabrications team.
Additional Useful Skills:
- Experience working with and/or implementing Lean Manufacturing principals.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Supervisor in busy Fabrication Shop
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- CNC Programing and Nesting is an asset
- Experience providing leadership to both individually and in a team setting
- Have strong computer skills; E-Mail, Word, Excel, etc
- Experience setting up and using fabrication machinery
- Laser Cutting (Fiber Optic and Gas ???), Plasma Cutting, VMC, Iron Worker, Drill Press and Saws
- Good communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrate motivational skills
Salford offers a competitive compensation package including benefits and paid personal days. We offer a safe, clean work environment and flexible work schedules.
Please apply to email@example.com, reference job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Background in farming or farm machinery
- Manufacturing experience