Team Leader: WILL Immploy Employer Engagement Project
WILL Employment Solutions is seeking a talented Team Leader for the WILL Immploy Employer Engagement project. The Team Leader for this project seeks to address systemic gaps in employer practices relating to the attraction, recruitment and retention of immigrant talent by providing London and Southwestern Ontario employers with the training and supports they require to successfully hire and retain immigrants and refugees.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Employer Services and Strategic Partnerships, the Team Leader will be responsible for coordinating and delivering employer consultation and employer education/training activities (both online and in-person) to help strengthen immigrant talent recruitment, integration and retention efforts in workplaces across the region. This will include executing on current initiatives and developing additional employer engagement activities for the future. The Team Leader would also act as the day to day supervisor and people manager for additional staff roles working in the areas of Systemic Change in employer practices and the WILL Immploy Mentorship program. This role will also work in close collaboration with the WILL Immploy Recruitment Team Lead.
WHO ARE YOU?
- A minimum of 3 years of experience coordinating and leading project work;
- Proven experience with immigrant employment issues, unconscious bias, anti-racism and anti-oppression work;
- Facilitation experience and demonstrated knowledge of the principles of group dynamics and adult education;
- Proven ability to pivot and modify project plans according to new learnings or developments;
- Experience in researching and developing engaging evidence-based curriculum and presentation materials;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to effectively manage, prioritize and oversee the delivery of multiple requests including analyzing issues, solving problems and making decisions;
- A change oriented mindset with a passion for continuous improvement, systemic change and commitment to excellence;
- Work in collaboration and partnership with Senior Manager, Employer Services and Strategic Partnerships, surrounding funding proposals, revenue diversification opportunities, fee for service arrangements and business development projects;
- Project coordination skills with good time management and the ability to adapt to changing priorities;
- High level of autonomy with the ability to work as part of an integrated team to achieve collective goals;
- Understanding of database systems, and proficient with data entry;
- High comfort level with online and social media platforms;
- Vulnerable police check is required (funder requirement);
- Availability to work at the workplace and to meet with employers at their workplace;
- Transportation required to worksites locally and regionally;
- Ability to network and build trusting relationships with employers and community partners;
- Cross-cultural competency with an ability to interact and work effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds;
- Professional demeanor and ability to handle confidential information and
- Lived experience is an asset.
- Educate employers, community members, and the general public about best practices in recruitment and retention of immigrant talent;
- Work with employers to eliminate discrimination and biases in the recruitment, onboarding and workplace integration processes;
- Provide ongoing coaching and support to employers on diversity, inclusion, and equity in their workplace;
- Develop and deliver online training content on regional resources available to support employers in immigrant hiring and retention;
- Support employers in developing a realistic step-by-step action plan to strengthen workforce practices in immigrant talent retention;
- Actively connect employers with internal supports and external consulting resources to address retention gaps and effectively liaise between the company and the retained external consultants;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all services and programs offered by WILL and effectively communicate and promote them to employers and community partners
- Conduct research and gather stories of success in order to create engaging curriculum and presentations;
- Network and attend events as a guest speaker in order to promote WILL services;
- Organize and host networking events and webinars to bring clients and employers together, in collaboration with other teams at WILL and its partnership projects;
- Researching and understanding the Labour Market across Southwestern Ontario to support employers and clients;
- Capture success stories, challenges, and outcomes to inform program activities and for the purposes of funder reports;
- Design tools and collect data to evaluate processes and the effectiveness of program material and workshops;
- Engage in professional development to support continuous improvement of workshops, presentations, and educational material;
- Responsible for planning and coordinating events or activities with community partners ;
- Collaborate with the WILL Immploy team and community partners to develop and contribute to marketing strategies;
- Develop and implement work plans to achieve funded project outcomes and objectives;
- Strategically engage, outreach, and promote to employers, community partners and/or networks across the region to participate in WILL programing and services;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all services and programs offered by WILL and effectively communicate and promote them to employers and community partners; and
- Intentionally and strategically collaborate across WILL programs to support the achievement of the WILL mission and goals.
If you would like to work with us, we would love to hear from you. Simply send your resume and cover letter by Friday, January 26th, 2024 at 4:00pm to:
- Awesome co-workers and meaningful goals.
- Health, dental and vision, employee assistance and pension benefits/programs.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Salary range of $26 - $29 per hour
- Generous paid sick time and vacation time.
Hiring Committee/ Team Leader
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com. Please reference: Hiring Committee/ Team Leader in subject Line.
WILL Employment Solutions values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
Please note that although we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. The organization is presently hiring for a few roles. All applications will be actively considered against available roles. We encourage you to also directly apply to each role of interest with a customized cover letter and resume.
c/o WILL Employment Solutions
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3