- You will be responsible for the electrical controls and process programming of plant infrastructure and process equipment.
- Electrical maintenance is also considered part of your job.
- You will be trained and responsible for maintaining HACCP standards.
- You will be involved in all preventative maintenance programs.
- You will build, install, breakdown and maintain equipment as needed.
- You will be a key member of the maintenance team that will contribute to the success of Dr. Oetker.
- You will report to the Maintenance Foreman.
- You will be part of the team that produces highest quality Dr. Oetker products. Food safety and security is of the utmost importance for Dr. Oetker and for you.
- You will consistently follow all Dr. Oetker Health & Safety policies and procedures, setting a positive example while exercising care within your work to prevent injuries to yourself and to your co-workers.
- You will be an interprovincial licensed Industrial Electrician (442A or 309D) or have obtained an electrical engineering degree.
- You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the capacity of a controls technician or equivalent, preferably in the food or pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of PLC programming changes and modifications using Siemens S7/S5 and TIA portal is required.
- Working knowledge of panel installation, HVAC systems and industrial refrigeration systems would be an asset.
- A TSSA B operator certification would be an asset.
- You must be able to work according to tight schedules and timelines, and have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment while maintaining focus and attention to detail.
- You are able to handle heavy loads (up to 25 KG) and have good hand-eye co-ordination.
- You can stand for long periods of time and are able to work in extreme conditions with a combination of sitting, standing, walking, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling.
- You must be able to touch and work with pork, chicken and beef products.
- You have your own transportation as public transportation is not available.
- You have the ability to work to support a 24/7, 365 operation.
- You are able to work a 2 week shift rotation.