This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Apr 27, 2021
Research and Special Projects Interns (2)
London Economic Development Corporation
Company Address: 701-380 Wellington Street, London, Ontario
How to Apply: By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 12 at 4pm
Attention: Robert Collins, Director, Workforce Development
The London Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is the lead economic development agency for London, Canada. LEDC works with business, government and community partners to attract business investment, develop a connected and supportive business climate and grow London's talented workforce.
Duties and learning opportunities:
The Research and Special Projects Interns support business development, workforce development and marketing and communication activities through:
Skills and abilities required:
- Researching and drafting content for online publications that help promote London’s key sectors and London’s employment opportunities especially in demand occupations for a variety of audiences including London residents, newcomers, and potential immigrants.
- Collecting and entering data into various data bases
- Developing and reporting comparative market research
- Preparing resource documents
- Other projects as they arise including but not limited to assistance with focus group planning and management and local outreach activities.
- Opportunity to participate in project development
- Excellent research analytic and problem-solving skills
- Data base entry and management experience
Days and times employee must be available: Flexible, but regular day-time hours. 35 hours/week. May 31- August 27, 2021. $16.00 per hour.
Accessible by public transportation: yes
In order to be considered for this opportunity, candidates must meet the following Canada Summer Jobs 2021 program and project requirements:
- Superior verbal and written skills
- Process and detail oriented
- Maturity, ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team
- Dependable, adaptable and patient
- is between 15 and 30 years of age(inclusive) at the start of the employment;
- is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and,
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
- is legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.