This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Feb 11, 2020
Why the Y?
At the YMCA
- A place where you are a part of one of the most respected human services organizations in the world;
- A place where your work positively influences the lives of others in so may ways;
- A place where you are able to flourish in a values-based environment.
- A place where you will build a better future not only for yourself but also for those you serve.
Imagine accomplishing all of this while having fun in a challenging and dynamic atmosphere!
This is “Why the YMCA”.
With health and fitness branches, camps, child care centres, community programs and newcomer services across the region, reaching from Windsor in the West, North to Goderich, South to Point Pelee National Park and East to Woodstock, the YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities. Our locations, programs and services are designed to help our members and participants grow in spirit, mind and body and are open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs and abilities.
This commitment includes a special focus on the region’s children and youth. From the kids in our camps and those participating in soccer and swimming lessons, to youth who are new to our communities from around the world, the Y is committed to helping our next generation to grow and thrive, as healthy individuals and passionate future leaders.
In the past year, the YMCA of Southwestern Ontario has supported more than 165,000 participants with opportunities to learn, grow and live healthy lifestyles.
“The Y has given me more than I could imagine. It has helped my children have a happy, healthy Mom – and you can’t put a price on that.” ~ Mary
“Y” not join these participants, our nearly 91,000 members and over 2500 employees and volunteers in the region to share our vision of a healthy community?
As we continue to grow, we have a need for the following position:
Date: February 11,, 2020
Position: Part-Time Personal Trainer & Wellness Coach
Location: Bostwick Community Centre, YMCA & Library
Start Date: March 9, 2020
Compensation: $14-$25 per hour
- you will feel connected to community,
- you will meet new people,
- you will expand your knowledge base,
- you will have career development opportunities
- you will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities
Qualifications & Experience:
- Customer Service: Provides fitness floor supervision, including greeting each Member by name whenever possible and servicing their fitness needs during scheduled shift.
- Varied shift commitment including weekday/weeknight/ and weekend times.
- Program Development and Quality: Models commitment and service excellence through the direct development and delivery of quality programs
- Communication/Relationship Building
- Responsible for achieving Y Thrive and Personal Training monthly targets
Breaks down barriers and overcomes obstacles by genuinely listening to and learning from others. Brings others together and facilitates alignment of information and resources to achieve common goals. Seeks out new projects and experiences that enhance his/her relationships and benefit the entire team’s performance.
Actively seeks out experiences and assignments that focus on Y values. Is open and honest in all communications, even with difficult issues. Always follows through with commitments and does not over-commit.
Encourages an open exchange of ideas; provides his/her undivided attention to others when they are speaking. Verifies others’ understanding, agreement on key issues, and next steps by recapping discussions and providing a written summary when useful. Pays attention to own and others’ nonverbal cues and adapts as needed; communicates messages effectively with people at all levels in the organization.
Partners with supervisor to create stretch goals and consistently achieves strong results. Learns from results and focuses on what can be done next, or differently, to improve them. Holds self personally accountable for delivering sustained, top quality results.
- Related education or certifications (personal training required).
- Understanding of physical fitness principles
- Outstanding people skills are essential
- Experience in group fitness is an asset
- First Aid and CPR
- Completed criminal reference check
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
- Submit resume and cover letter to Tabitha Liston at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
- Deadline for application is February 28, 2020