||Jun 22, 2020
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
For more than 7,350 Western students, Housing and Ancillary Services is committed to providing a first-class residence experience and high-quality townhouse and apartment accommodation for upper-year students, graduate students and families while supporting the academic mission of the University and ensuring profitability and cost effectiveness of the Housing operation. We provide thriving communities which engage our diverse student population.
Guest Registration staff are responsible for the registration of overnight and weekend guests at any of Western’s main campus residences, in addition to being available to work special event dates (such as Orientation Week, PurpleFest, Homecoming, St. Patrick’s Day). Frequent interactions with students, guests, and parents are a key component in tracking the occupancy and capacity numbers for the building in accordance with Housing’s Guest Registration Policy. Guest Registration Staff will regularly review residence trespass lists and contact Front Desk Staff, Residence Life Staff and/or Campus Police should a problem arise.
Applicants must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and possess a general understanding of all Microsoft Office products. Applicants must have good customer service skills, and be fluent in both written and spoken English.
Must be available to work at least half of the following dates and events:
• Orientation week (Sept 7-12)
• Purplefest (Sept 26)
• Homecoming (Oct 17)
• Halloween (Oct 31)
• St Patrick’s Day (Mar 17)
- Secondary School Diploma
- 1-2 years of post-secondary education is preferred
Previous work experience in a customer service environment is required
Skills, Abilities & Expertise:
- Reliable, dependable and the ability to consistently work weekends and overnight shifts
- Excellent verbal communication skills and an ability to express ideas clearly
- Must have a strong knowledge of working in a Windows based environment
- Good computer skills; strong aptitude in learning new software
- Strong customer service skills and an ability to deal with difficult people
- Ability to maintain a positive, outgoing attitude with genuine customer service orientation
- Ability to follow processes and practices with high attention to detail
- Demonstrates integrity and works in accordance with Western's policies and procedures
- Ability to multi-task and maintain an organized work environment
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, students and the public
- Ability to prioritize and organize a fluctuating work load
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve department goals
- Ability to work in a manner that is compliant with confidentiality requirements as applicable
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference #20062, by midnight on July 5, 2020.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.