This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 16, 2021
Pathways Employment Help Centre
Pathways Employment Help Centre (PEHC) unleashes people’s potential through Employment, Skills Training and Advocacy
Pathways Employment Help Centre is hiring an Administrative Assistant / Reception
Location: London, ON
Reporting to the Administrative Supervisor, The Administrative Assistant / Reception provides a variety of support services to Pathways’ teams, including reception duties, data entry, resource room assistance and document preparation
What would you do?
Scheduling and Tracking Duties
- Answer multi-line phone system: respond to inquiries, direct calls, take messages, book appointments, provide program information and respond to general inquiries
- Overcome client resistance and reticence through positive phone manner and persuasion skills
- Greet and assist clients and visitors
- Initiate intake procedures, enter information into database as required
- Direct clients to appropriate classes and rooms
- Respond to website inquiries or redirect them to whomever appropriate
Administrative and other Duties
- Responsible for receiving and inputting referrals, contacting clients and maintaining referral filing system, to ensure strong ratio of referred to scheduled clients
- Schedule Clients into appointments, provide necessary information
- Book clients into First Aid/CPR, WHMIS, Fork Lift, Working at Heights and other classes as requested and make follow-up reminder calls
- Act as point person for staff availability
What qualifications do you need?
- Provide assistance to clients utilizing resource room
- Type resumes for Resource Centre clients as needed
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of reception and lobby
- Assist with data entry into various tracking systems
- Assist with office equipment, including scanning
- High School Diploma or Post- Secondary Diploma
- 1-3 years previous experience
- Intermediate typing skills 40+wpm with high level of accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill
- Able to work well under pressure in a busy environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to maintain calm and defuse stressful situations
- Enthusiastic and positive individual with strong work ethic and initiative
- Familiarity with social service sector a plus
- Able to move easily between a variety of tasks without frustration and adapt easily to changing processes and priorities
- Good understanding of job search strategies, London labour market information, resume creation and networking
PEHC is an equal opportunity employer and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment, and establish rapport with clients facing multiple employment barriers
PEHC does not discriminate on basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at (519) 667-7795.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Apply via email to email@example.com with cover letter and resume attached. No phone calls please. Please include salary requirements. Posting will close no later than Wednesday, July 28th, 2021.