Timberland Equipment Limited is a Canadian-owned, entrepreneurial, globally recognized company located in Woodstock, Ontario, where we have been a fully operational 80,000 square foot facility with engineering, sales and manufacturing departments all under one roof since 1947. We design it in-house, we build it in-house. Employing over 100 employees, our skilled trades, engineering expertise, professionalism, project management experience and in-house capabilities make us the preferred choice for global engineered material handling solutions for the underground and surface mining, heavy construction, electrical power transmission and distribution, marine and offshore oil & gas sectors.
This position is responsible for supervising the operations of the afternoon shift. The Supervisor ensures employees are aware of all safety requirements and instructs them in the Company’s Health & Safety Program. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
Attributes we seek:
- Work with day shift department supervisors’ prepared work schedules
- Follow company APS and TOC (Theory of Constraints) systems for production scheduling
- Assign work to employees in accordance with skills and capabilities, and set work deadlines
- Inspect work in progress and completed to ensure conformance to specifications and adherence to quality standards
- Update work in progress and completed in Global Shop Solutions (GSS)
- Issue purchase requisitions for materials and parts necessary to perform work
- Meet with Manufacturing Manager weekly to discuss schedules, WIP, etc.
- Responsible for disciplining employees when warranted
- Ensure compliance with the OHSA legislation
- Maintain ISO-9001 Standards as they relate manufacturing
READY FOR A REWARDING CAREER?
- Journeyperson/licensed in a relevant skilled trade, or equivalent years of experience
- Post-secondary diploma in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering as asset
- Previous heavy equipment production experience in a leadership capacity
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Effective leadership and team-building skills
- Solid technical understanding of the equipment being manufactured
Send your resume stating position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, your application will not consider.
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.