Communication Officer, London Middlesex Local Immigration Partnership
Reporting to the Project Coordinator, London Middlesex Local Immigration Partnership (LMLIP), the Communication Officer is responsible for supporting the facilitation of the LMLIP community initiatives to enhance the integration of immigrants in London and Middlesex. The Communication Officer provides strategic marketing and communication support to raising awareness of the LMLIP and engagement in its activities in fulfillment of the LMLIP Strategic Plan.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Post-secondary education in public relations, communication or a relevant field;
- 2+ years work experience;
- Highly organized and proficient in managing social media platforms;
- Experience increasing distribution reach of newsletter content;
- Ability to handle competing priorities and work within timelines
- Experience maintaining communication databases, communication e-lists and mail marketing solutions;
- Advanced level of proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel , Adobe as well as Photo and video editing skills (using Photoshop for example);
- Experience in web editing and content production;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of the London and Middlesex communities and current immigration issues;
- Effective interpersonal skills for external and internal relationships and ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Confident and innovative individual who understands the issues related to successful settlement of immigrants and newcomers;
- High cultural competency;
- Problem solving skills; and
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset.
- Support the LMLIP Team in the daily execution of the communications plan
- Support the LMLIP Project Team in communicating and promoting events
- Lead, maintain and connect with volunteers on the LMLIP social media campaigns (e.g., I am London)
- Update LMLIP related web-content and ensure compliance with AODA standards.
- Maintain current media contact lists
- Draft news releases
- Support LMLIP Team and Co-Chairs in engagements with media to improve the visibility of the LIMLIP
- Content creation such as blogs and editorials
- Strengthen reach and audience of LMLIP Biweekly Roundup communications
- Provide online communications support to the LMLIP Coordinator and the LMLIP Project Assistant as required for events
- Review of research material to share relevant content on social media and posting on LIMLIP website as a resource for the community.
- Generate invoices, as required, to submit for approval internally
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all services and programs offered by WILL and effectively communicate promote them to clients and potential clients
- Intentionally and strategically collaborate across WILL programs to support the achievement of the WILL mission and vision.
- Travel to meetings and events within the community as required
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
If you would like to work with us, we would love to hear from you. Simply send your resume and cover letter by Wednesday, September 28, 2022 at 12 noon to:
- Awesome co-workers and meaningful goals.
- Health, dental and vision, employee assistance and pension benefits/programs.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Salary range of $34 - $36 per hour
- Generous paid sick time and vacation time.
Hiring Committee/ Communication Officer, London Middlesex Local Immigration Partnership
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference: Hiring Committee/Communication Officer, London Middlesex Local Immigration Partnership in the subject Line.
WILL Employment Solutions values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
Please note that although we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
c/o WILL Employment Solutions
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3