This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 25, 2020
JOB TITLE Supervisor, Applications – Temporary Hire, One (1) Year Term with possibility of extension
LOCATION Education Centre, London Ontario
SALARY RANGE $77,581 - $102,598
HIRING RANGE $77,581 - $99,019
DATE OF VACANCY As soon as possible
The Supervisor, Applications translates the application needs within the Board into software products and application services for network, web, computer and mobile environments to support TVDSB students, families, staff and external clients. The Supervisor, Applications recommends the acquisition or development of software and databases to satisfy the information requirements identified; advises and architects reporting and data warehousing systems and initiatives; develops project plans and budgets; oversees all phases of system software development including planning, requirements gathering, evaluation, development, testing, implementation, training, support and maintenance; directs and supervises the work of the systems development, database, systems integration and applications support staff; and leads related tendering processes with external vendors, fostering and promoting service excellence and effective vendor relationships. The Applications Supervisor supports the district with innovative, effective and efficient solutions, providing technical knowledge and support services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and lead systems development, database, systems integration and application support staff in the provision of timely and effective solutions and technology support for corporate applications and databases.
- Guide and direct staff teams in the support of technology initiatives and projects. Duties include ensuring sufficient resources are appropriately allocated, delegating and managing staff tasks, and advising on schedules to meet established deadlines.
- Evaluate requests for applications and database development, integration and/or enhancement, and make recommendations to Manager Information Technology Services.
- Working with Manager Information Technology Services and other staff, develop and implement security practices for access to software applications and ensure security protocols are in place during development and implementation stages.
- Liaise with IT Department and other board staff to develop solutions to complex issues involving data models, archives and restoration, integration and retrieval.
- Liaise with other department staff to ensure the required production, development and test environments are in place.
- Develop standards for application and database development and support, and instruct and monitor staff adherence to them.
- Ensure reports and data extractions are prepared to meet the needs of all curriculum program and operational areas of the organization. This work includes managing and overseeing the accuracy and integrity of data repositories and datasets.
- Assist Manager of Information Technology Services in strategic planning, budget preparation and department operations as a member of the Information Technology Department management team.
- Lead and assist with the development of technology related policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols.
- Supervise and manage staff, including delegation of responsibilities, performance management and conduct, work assignments, staff development and coaching, and conducting performance appraisals.
- Identify, recommend and organize training and development opportunities for staff.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff.
- Develop requests for proposals and lead tendering processes for services and products from external vendors.
- Provide end to end management and administration of software licensing, datasets, information access, reporting, database modelling, and solution integrations.
Completion of a four (4) year degree in a computer related field or equivalent.
Five (5) years of related work experience is required, including leading and supervising technical staff.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 08, 2020
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact the Staffing Specialist listed below for assistance.
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Manage and facilitate vendor relationships including contract administration, procurements, risk management, performance management, negotiation and building partnerships.
- Participate in annual, long- and short-term technology planning and maintain data application architecture frameworks.
- Keep up to date with technology trends, best practices and controls around the use of personal information.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and workflows to increase the efficient and effective use of software, reports and application systems.