This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Feb 13, 2020
Means TransForm Products is recruiting for a Manufacturing Controls Engineer
Means TransForm Products, a business unit of Means Industries, is an industry leading manufacturer of metal-formed products and precision propulsion components utilizing advanced proprietary stamping, machining, laser-welding and assembly processes. This business is involved in significant advanced research and application of tooling and die equipment, process design and development. Means TransForm Products has two manufacturing facilities in Saginaw, Michigan; two manufacturing facilities in Sterling Heights, Michigan; a manufacturing facility in Shelby Township, Michigan and a manufacturing facility in London, Ontario, Canada.
The Manufacturing Controls Engineer supervise, manage and maintain controls on existing and incoming machinery. The controls engineering will support personnel from maintenance/engineering and other teams in resolving issues with equipment in order to facilitate production and promote continuous improvements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing: control solutions to achieve the greatest productivity in integrated cells, relating to the productions and quality assurance of parts.
- Develop and implement electrical / controls training programs.
- Technology Improvements: Investigation and development of new technologies. Continually improving machine up-time and operability.
- Safety: Maintaining a safe working environment by addressing safety issues, keeping up to date on current legislation and safety requirements. Performing risk analysis.
- Control: Controlling solutions for new and existing equipment defined, developed, monitored and installed. Oversee programming changes, communication changes and coordinate for consistency.
- Specifications: Rewrite existing controls specification to a useable format for vendor quotations and in-house use. Continuous maintenance of specification is a requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Reports directly to the Engineering Manager
- Works closely with the maintenance and production teams.
Environmental Requirements and Conditions
Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with continuous exposure to noise
- At least three to five years’ experience in a fast paced, automotive manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Siemens and Allan Bradley PLC software
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with the workforce, its suppliers and customers
Application Contact Information