To learn more about working at United Way, check out our website https://www.unitedway.ca/careers/
We are seeking a Development Coordinator will be responsible for the successful development and implementation of workplace fundraising and relationship management plans. They will engage with both volunteers and donors to communicate the impact of United Way’s work, inspire engagement, and provide support to the annual Campaign.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- Work closely with team members, workplace leads, committees and volunteers to develop and implement specific fundraising plans
- Manage the solicitation process for workplace donors, including cultivation, engagement and stewardship opportunities; solicit funds from organizations and individuals within an assigned portfolio
- Communicate United Way’s mission and goals to donors and volunteers to demonstrate the impact they can have to meet the needs in our community
- Work to understand the social responsibility of corporate partners to strengthen relationships, increase engagement and grow fundraising opportunities
- Implement and evaluate relationship management strategies
- Work with the Associate Director to identify and recruit volunteers; assist with training and supporting volunteers in fund development activities
- Work with colleagues to identify and implement new fundraising opportunities that will increase revenue
- Provide support to fundraising events and activities
- Enter information in the database in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure the safe and effective operations of the organization
- Post-secondary credentials in non-profit management, business, communications or relevant on-the-job learning
- Strong ethical and donor-centred fundraising acumen
- Experience in sales and/or customer service an asset
- Experience in volunteer management an asset
- Superior interpersonal skills and person-to-person relationship building skills
- Excellent presentation skills, comfortable with public speaking, and strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Professional demeanour; ability to interact with a wide and varied network of people
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management
- Technologically agile; adept social media user, experienced at managing virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom/Webex/Teams
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with an above average level of initiative while maintaining confidentiality and discretion
- Community-minded approach that is progressive, innovative, dedicated and effective
- Ability to flex work schedule to attend meetings and special events which occur before or after regular office hours
- Requires possession of a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle with a minimum of $1,000,000 insurance coverage
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume by Wednesday, May 12, 4:30 p.m., to Lisa Simmons, Executive Assistant and Human Resources Officer:
United Way Elgin Middlesex
409 King St, London, ON N6B 1S5
If selected, interviews will be flexible and make the most use of virtual options available.
United Way Elgin Middlesex is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested individuals. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities in our recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
We appreciate all applicants’ interest but are only able to contact those candidates who will be invited to the interview process. All applications will be held in confidence.