This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Nov 09, 2021
Kasi Law is a young, innovative and dynamic law firm that specializes in Insurance Defence, Personal Injury and Commercial Litigation.
Kasi Law is seeking a candidate who would provide administrative and clerical support to its lawyers, as well as provide general managerial services to ensure continued efficient and effective operations. This would include handling legal and administrative tasks, overall file management, scheduling and calendar management, document database management, file document management, assistance in preparing various legal documents, office supply management and presentation, facilitating calls and meetings at the office, and other support to the lawyers at Kasi Law as required. The candidate will also type, review, copy edit and carefully proofread a variety of documents as well as all other tasks associated with the position.
This is what else you can expect from this dynamic role:
- Assisting counsel by organizing and supporting their practice involving civil litigation, and/or other types of areas of law.
- Responsible for file management including organizing documents, record management (electronic and hard copy), and document database management.
- Opening new files as required and closing same when no longer needed in consultation with the firm's lawyers, and in accordance with organizational procedure.
- Scanning and filing of incoming and outgoing correspondence and documentation.
- Records management both electronically and hard copy files.
- Processing internal and external accounts.
- Actively participating as a team member to ensure that organizational accountabilities are met.
- Arranging transportation, accommodation and meeting rooms for lawyers, when required.
- Producing and proofreading materials/documents for lawyers as required.
- Timely distribution of incoming information (mail, faxes, voicemail and email).
- Responsible for performing administrative tasks, implementing applicable work processes, tracking deadlines, and supporting ongoing litigation.
- Developing a file tracking system in coordination with the lawyers to monitor the progress of files and/or cases.
- Calendar management for the lawyers including booking prep meetings and hearing dates.
- Developing relationships and dealing regularly with internal and external stakeholders including other firm's legal assistants, court clerks, and other affiliates of the firm.
- Receiving inquiries by telephone and in-person and directing callers to the appropriate team member.
- Welcoming clients and guests at reception.
- Preparing correspondence, books of documents, books of authorities or other legal documents for hearings.
- Helping prepare, compile, serve and file various applications and responses for proceedings.
- Transcribing documents including letters, memos, and correspondence or copy-typing handwritten notes.
- Converting documents from various versions to Word and/or onto templates provided.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will possess -
- Processing outgoing mail, courier, and service, ensuring the appropriate and most efficient method is used for distribution.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Administrative Services or a related field.
- Previous legal assistant, law clerk, or related administrative assistant/clerk experience is required (or equivalent combination of education and experience satisfactory to Kasi Law)
- File and records management experience is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and database management.
- Be able to work well with others, particularly under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Detail oriented and organized with a high level of accuracy.
- Dedicated work ethic and demonstrated team player who can work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work professionally with people both outside the organization and within various levels of the organization.
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a vibrant, innovative and dynamic team, and are ready to make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, then apply today!
- Experience with PC Law, PrimaFact and Time Matters are an asset.
Employees are expected to be fully vaccinated. Guests and clients will be required to wear a mask while on premises without proof of vaccination status.
- Legal Assistant: 1 year (preferred)
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Application Contact Information