This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jun 27, 2020
||High School Diploma
WHO WE ARE
- Vari-Form Manufacturing Inc. is a leader in advanced tube hydroforming technology for the development and manufacture of products used by the automotive industry. Vari-Form Manufacturing Inc. has three facilities in Strathroy, Ontario and an additional site in Mexico. Vari-Form Manufacturing Inc. is an affiliate of (FCA) Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- Safely operates moving equipment but not limited to lift trucks, tow motors, pump carts to transport parts and materials within or between plants.
- Actively participates in the development and achievement of team goals and objectives, continuous improvement ideas and projects, and environmental objectives and targets.
- Complies with established company policies, including Quality Procedures, Environmental Procedures, Material Flow (ex. FIFO) and Health and Safety procedures
- Scanning of all FG generated during shift and initial tags
- Ensure labels have date stamp, green OK sticker and initialed by operators prior to moving
- Notify TL and/or SS when anything is getting low; from raw materials to bins.
- Ensure bins/skids that are brought line side are safe and in good working order – tag & notify if not
- May be required to demonstrate and/or instruct other team members on a variety of processes, tasks, equipment operation, rules, procedures or general company information as part of the initial orientation of a new team member.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a safe operating condition, reporting any hazards which are not immediately correctable.
- When required, operate production equipment through a variety of physical tasks, which results in a defect free automotive structural component.
- Ensures that working areas are kept clean and tidy in accordance with Company 5S housekeeping standards.
- Performs other related duties as required.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Vari-Form prides in our employee programs that include:
- Successful completion of high school education (S.S.G.D. or equivalency).
- Completion of lift truck training program compliant to CSA safety standard for lift trucks.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and methods acquired through some prior industry or related experience.
- Physical ability sufficient to competently perform the essential elements of the job.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- competitive wages starting at $17.50
- shift premiums
- growth opportunities
- provided safety equipment and uniforms
- plus, so much more