This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Feb 13, 2020
||College Diploma (3 years)
As a company in the Timberland Group, TIMBERLAND EQUIPMENT LIMITED is a Canadian-owned, entrepreneurial, globally recognized company located in Woodstock, Ontario, where we are a fully operational facility with Engineering, Sales and Manufacturing departments all under one roof.
We are currently looking for an ELECTRICAL/CONTROLS DESIGNER.
This position is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and analysis of Timberland’s technical products and systems. Perform engineering design evaluations and participate in the development of new products. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
BY JOINING OUR TEAM YOU WILL
- Prepare concept, design and production drawings with supporting calculations and material data ensuring that designs meet specification requirements and manufacturing capabilities
- Provide support in checking details, assemblies and BOMs for assigned projects
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design standards and performance specifications
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports related to mechanical, hydraulic and / or electrical systems
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
- Apply fundamental engineering principles along with advanced analytical techniques throughout the design process
- Maintain thorough documentation for all aspects of assigned projects
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to resolve system malfunctions, production issues, or challenges and provide technical information
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendations for improvement
- Work with manufacturing and engineering teams to provide cost effective solutions to design challenges
- Domestic and international travel, approximately 25%, to commission equipment, train customers, other support as required
- Programming using Ladder Logic, Function Blocks and Structural Text (experience with C programming and/or Visual Basic is beneficial)
- Component selection, programming and troubleshooting PLC products and variable frequency drives
- Interface controls to hydraulic systems, both closed loop and open loop, including electro-hydraulic controls; PLC controls include control panels, panel view interfaces, PLC programming
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK:
- Gain experience in a medium sized company designing and building custom equipment; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Build skills in electrical design with the opportunity to develop your skills in electrical as well as mechanical design should you wish
- Get valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing
- Witness and be hands-on with design/build/testing of our equipment
- Advance your understanding of the full circle of design, from concept generation to market implementation and beyond
Qualified applicants may submit their resumes to email@example.com
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your application.
No recruiters please.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Electrical Engineering or equivalent training
- 2 – 3 years of electrical design experience in a heavy equipment manufacturing environment
- Proven electrical aptitude through trouble shooting and problem solving design issues and concepts
- PLC & VFD programming experience interacting with mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Technical knowledge in mechanical systems an asset
- Working knowledge of 3D software – Inventor an asset
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time to support equipment at customers’ sites