This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
St Thomas, ON
||Feb 22, 2020
We are a heavy equipment industrial manufacturing company located in St. Thomas, Ontario that has an immediate requirement for a Welder / Fitter that is dedicated to working with quality and innovation. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge and experience in reading and understanding drawings and blueprints.
- Build welded assemblies for new products and changes to existing products per engineering documents & established production standards.
- Operating other necessary equipment and performing tasks necessary to complete parts to specifications.
- Preparing and setup of necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs.
- Arranging of parts for welding and staging processes
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements i.e. Continual improvements.
- Review of finished assemblies & parts to ensure accuracy against drawings & BOMs.
- Knowledge and experience in understanding standard welding symbols
- Able to work effectively as a team member and independently
- Able to work in a fast paced environment on several assignments simultaneously
- Perform other duties as requested by the department manager.
- Normal hours are from Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, with the ability to work overtime as required periodically
Job Type: Full-time
Qualifications and Skills
- Prospective candidates must possess a valid driver’s licence and have access to reliable transportation
- Minimum grade 12 or Equivalent, welding course or CWB S – Classification in GMAC Process as well as FCAW or MCAW process.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in welding and fitting trade.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Prospective candidates must have excellent work habits and a commitment to procedures and accuracy
Application Contact Information