Why the Y?
· A place where you are a part of one of the most respected human services organizations in the world;
· A place where your work positively influences the lives of others in so many ways;
· A place where you are able to flourish in a values-based environment.
· A place where you will build a better future not only for yourself but also for those you serve.
At the YMCA
· you will feel connected to community,
· you will meet new people,
· you will expand your knowledge base,
· you will have career development opportunities
· you will experience a rewarding job by helping support the building of healthy communities
Imagine accomplishing all of this while having fun in a challenging and dynamic atmosphere!
This is “Why the YMCA”.
With health and fitness branches, camps, child care centres, community programs and newcomer services across the region, reaching from Windsor in the West, North to Goderich, South to Point Pelee National Park and East to Woodstock, the YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities. Our locations, programs and services are designed to help our members and participants grow in spirit, mind and body and are open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs and abilities.
This commitment includes a special focus on the region’s children and youth. From the kids in our camps and those participating in soccer and swimming lessons, to youth who are new to our communities from around the world, the Y is committed to helping our next generation to grow and thrive, as healthy individuals and passionate future leaders.
In the past year, the YMCA of Southwestern Ontario has supported more than 165,000 participants with opportunities to learn, grow and live healthy lifestyles.
“The Y has given me more than I could imagine. It has helped my children have a happy, healthy Mom – and you can’t put a price on that.” ~ Mary
“Y” not join these participants, our nearly 91,000 members and over 2500 employees and volunteers in the region to share our vision of a healthy community?
As we continue to grow, we have a need for the following position:
Date: February 11, 2020
Position: Part time Coordinator Adult Health and Wellness
Location: Bostwick YMCA
Start Date: March 9th, 2020
Compensation: $21,000/ for 25 hours
· Option of also working as a Personal Trainer or Wellness Coach for increased earnings (see personal trainer Job posting)
· Candidates will be eligible to participate in our full benefit plan after 10 months of 25 hours per week
· A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
· A discount on our Childcare and Camp programs
· Will follow developed policies in accordance with human resource polices of the organization and ensure compliance for all staff
· Coordinate day to day coaching staff schedules
· Program development and delivery
· Assist in developing Group Fitness schedule
· Develops and implements member & staff engagement activities
· Provides direct leadership in programs and classes
· Ensure branch policies and procedures are adhered to
· Other administrative duties as required
· Work Duty Manager shifts
· Responsible for growing monthly member participation and engagement in Y Thrive program
· Playing a key role in growth of personal training revenue
Qualifications & Experience:
· Satisfactory Police Records Check
· Personal Training Certification an asset
· Experience in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with customer service and sales
· 2 years post-secondary education in Physical and Health Education or 2 years related experience
· Current First Aid/CPR
· Excellent Customer Service skills
· Must provide a current police record check as per the Association policy
Commitment to Organizational Vision and Values
· Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the Mission, Vision, and strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA
· Participates in the generation, experimentation and implementation of new approaches and activities that improve and expand the Y’s mission and work.
· Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences
· Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s YMCA experience
· Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
· Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness
· Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible
· Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
1. Submit resume and cover letter to Tabitha Liston Manager Adult Health and Wellness at Tabitha.firstname.lastname@example.org Please include Job Title in the subject line.
2. Deadline for application is February 28th, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.