This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 30, 2020
Job Title: Specialist, Human Resources and Employee Wellness Job Type: Specialist / Non-Union
Job Opening ID: 2020-30-SP Posting: Internal/External
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Regular/Temporary: Regular
Post Date: July 30, 2020 Close Date: August 13, 2020
Middlesex-London Paramedic Service (MLPS) is currently accepting applications for the position of Specialist, Human Resources and Employee Wellness. This position is directly accountable for areas within the Human Resources portfolio such as the day-to-day administration of Workplace Safety and Insurance Board claims, return-to-work and workplace reintegration programs, short term disability claims, occupational health and safety initiatives and labour relations.
This position is also responsible for the following areas: administration of job postings and recruitment, provide guidance and support to MLPS employees seeking advice on HR matters, provide guidance and information on the EFAP, maintain the attendance management program, responsible for ongoing auditing of policies and procedures to ensure legislative compliance, assist in the administration of the OMERS pension (when required).
This Specialist, HR and Employee Wellness will work within such guidelines such as the Ambulance Act and Regulations, the Public Health Act, Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, MLPS policies and procedures and Collective Agreement. This position will work to exercise their duties using prudent judgement, upmost discreteness and confidentiality, for the effective delivery of general HR services.
• A post-secondary diploma in a related field
• Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) or actively working to obtain
• A combination of experience and education relevant to this position
Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications
• Minimum of three (3) years' experience working with WSIB, non-occupational injury and illness management.
• Sound knowledge of the legislative acts, regulations and bodies that guide Human Resources
• Sound knowledge of WSIA, attendance management programs, ESA and employee benefits
• Knowledge of current human resources and health and safety legislation.
• Human Resource experience in the field of paramedicine in the Province of Ontario is considered a strong asset.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated computer skills required.
• Demonstrated leadership, initiative and innovation.
• Works well under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Possesses tact, discretion and sound judgement
• Aptitude for critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision making.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and knowledge of HRIS systems.
Applicants interested in the position may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documentation in confidence to Mr. Colin Heise via email at email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject line.
The deadline for submission is 4:00pm (EST) pm on August 13, 2020
Middlesex-London Paramedic Service is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and MLPS’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the hiring process. If selected to participate in
the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Mr. Colin Heise of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to MLPS to support your request for accommodation.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56. This information will be held in confidence, and only be used for candidate selection. Although we are very thankful for all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Documents are available in various accessible formats upon request. To make a request please contact Mr. Colin Heise at 519-679-5466 x.1104.