Development Engineering (London) Limited is a civil engineering firm, with a staff of 46 ranging from Professional Engineers, Certified Engineering Technologists, former contractors, and other engineering support staff. Over the last 50 years, we have completed over 7,800 projects in and around southwestern Ontario, ranging from individual site plans to large scale institutional projects and residential communities. Our engineering scope of work typically includes sewer and water design, stormwater management and grading, site planning, traffic management, erosion and sediment control, and noise studies. With offices in both London and Paris Ontario, we effectively undertake projects throughout southwestern and central Ontario.
- Competitive hourly rate - you get paid for every hour that you work!
- Employer-paid Group Benefit Plan that includes health, dental, vision, paramedical and disability insurances!
- RRSP matching up to 4%!
- Flexible and fun work environment!
Reporting to a Design Manager, the role of Design Technologist, under the guidance of a senior engineer/senior designer will be responsible for the preparation and design of various engineering drawings.
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Time Management
- Completion of a Civil Engineering program from an accredited academic institution recognized by OACETT;
- Completion or pursuing C.E.T. designation an asset;
- Minimum of 1 year experience (Jr.) or 5 years experience (Int.) in civil consulting involving municipal reconstruction and land development;
- Understanding of design standards and specifications;
- Advanced drafting and design skills using AutoDesk Civil 3D;
- Advanced Microsoft Office and related software skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Development Engineering is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Work both independently and within a design team to complete project work from concept to completion for subdivisions, sites and municipal infrastructure;
- Preparation of engineering design drawings utilizing Civil 3D;
- Design of storm and sanitary sewers, water supply systems, roads, and site grading with an open mind to design options and value engineering;
- Preparation of plans, profiles, sections and earthworks drawings;
- Internal and external communication of advanced projects;
- Support to Contract Administration department as required;
- Project related tasks including, but not limited to technical assistance, preparation of construction documents, detailed modeling and design assistance;
- Adherence to Provincial, Municipal and corporate design and drafting policies, procedures, standards and regulations;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment;
- Commitment to ongoing personal and professional development;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply with an updated resume to email@example.com.
We sincerely thank all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.