Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Senior Financial Business Administrator, the Financial Business Administrator assists in the management of the Business Administration Division. Responsible for the direction and operation of the financial reporting or the financial operations area to provide financial and administrative support to various Service Areas and other related special projects.
- Responsible for making recommendations to the Service Areas on the on-going development and implementation of the program budgeting and management reporting system including the implementation of improved methods of budget formulation and review, the setting of priorities, the definition of objectives, refinement of performance criteria, and development of short and long range forecasting techniques.
- Performs process and/or service reviews as required. Documents processes and procedures and assists with policy development.
- Assists with the development and implementation of multiple program budgets, business plans, performance measures/KPIs, dashboards, scorecards as assigned ensuring compliance with Service Area’s objectives and needs.
- Develops and maintains appropriate management information and control systems, procedures and staff development programs to support the finance operations of the Service Areas.
- Provides financial business support to the Service Area for all financial information, business systems and processes (payroll, a/p, a/r, purchasing, asset management, corporate systems, etc.), including development of specialized models or analysis tools.
- Provides leadership, guidance and support to the development and implementation of strategic and business planning process for the Service Area. Will assist and help in the development of business cases in order to support Service Area initiatives.
- Ensures that proper program monitoring and reporting takes place within approved Provincial, City and Departmental policies and budgets.
- Responsible for the development of Purchase of Goods and Services agreements between the City of London and local organizations in line with the corporate policies/procedures.
- Responsible for liaison with various Federal, Provincial and local authorities with regards to guidelines, subsidies, and other regulations as they relate to the Service Areas.
- Manages the preparation of federal and provincial subsidies, grant programs and subsidy claims.
- Provides effective and efficient support services of an administrative and financial nature.
- Oversees and provides input to the development and implementation of staff development and training programs.
- Manages and supervises assigned personnel: responsible for employee development and promotion, performance appraisals, salary adjustments, and conduct matters.
- Manages grant programs as required through the strategic funding framework.
- Represents the Finance Department at standing committees, special committees, administrative, intergovernmental and other meetings as required.
- Liaises with and assists internal and external auditors as required.
- Liaises with other civic staff as required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
University degree combined with Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation.
Specialized Training & Licenses
- Five to seven years of previous related experience in a public sector environment, including a minimum of two years of experience in a managerial capacity.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work within Public Sector Accounting practices.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize financial management and related software applications.
- Focused analytical and strategic thinking and issue resolution skills, combined with a commitment to innovation and collaboration.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Compensation and Other Information
$92,111 to $125,069
This posting is for 3 positions.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.