This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 30, 2020
As a company in the Timberland Group, TIMBERLAND EQUIPMENT LIMITED is a Canadian-owned, entrepreneurial, globally recognized company located in Woodstock, Ontario, where we are a fully operational facility with sales, engineering, and manufacturing departments all under one roof.
We are looking for a Production Control Coordinator. This is a full-time position with an attractive compensation package for the right candidate.
This position is responsible the coordination and expediting of the flow of work and materials within the manufacturing department according to production schedule. Reviews and distributes production, work, and shipment schedules. Confers with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates, and compiles reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Assist the Manufacturing Manager and Supervisors in the scheduling of shop jobs to ensure on time delivery
- Manage the ERP system for production scheduling through maintaining inventories, tracking production progress, and monitoring completion dates
- Expedite parts and information required from other departments to ensure scheduled work can be performed
- Ensure job routings are correct and route new jobs as they are released
- Maintain customer production priority list
- Work with Manufacturing Manager to develop accurate job estimates
- Coordinate outside vendor (OSV) work with manufacturing team to ensure all parts are in house when required
- Attend weekly production meetings
- Work with other departments to ensure NCRs and RFCs are resolved and all work completed
- Assist the Manufacturing Manager with the implementation of production or process improvement initiatives
BY JOINING OUR TEAM YOU WILL
- Timely closing of orders
- Accurate inventory levels
- Router accuracy for hours and processes
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- Gain experience in a medium sized company designing and building custom equipment; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Get valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing
- Witness and be hands-on with design/build/testing of our equipment
- Gain an understanding of the full circle of design, from concept generation to market implementation and beyond
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Qualified applicants may email resumes quoting “Production Control” in the subject line to:
- Post-secondary education in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering an asset
- Previous heavy equipment production/planning/scheduling experience an asset
- Detail-oriented and self-directed in execution of tasks
- Proven sense of urgency in completing tasks
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, and effectively manage assignments
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Solid technical understanding of the equipment being manufactured
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulics and electrical components an asset
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.