Good manufacturers require good people – and that’s why we need you!
Drake International is seeking Grinding Labourer working in St. Thomas. Our client specializes in quality aluminum and zinc castings, in house mold making and custom CNC machining, providing turnkey premium quality castings with superior customer focus and minimal impact on the environment for all types of industries.
This is an opportunity for individuals who are looking for a challenging new role located in St. Thomas, Ontario.
What we offer
- Competitive starting wage: $19.50/hr
- Work hours: Monday – Friday (7am – 3:30pm)
- Career growth and development opportunities
Key Responsibilities: Reporting to Finishing Manager, this role will produce finished products ensuring it meets customer expectations
- Review Confirm previous days duties and update with lead hand/manager and receive assigned tasks for the day
- Review paperwork and sign into Epicor
- Set up work bench with all required tooling
- Review grinding procedure and confirm first article is complete with manager
- Leave approved first article part separate and visible from the production run to ensure matching quality is achieved
- Using sanders, grinders, pneumatic files, polishers, belt sanders, disc sanders, electric grinders to remove ejection marks, and drag to ensure consistent finish to part and prepare surface for paint
- Deburr parts after finishing is completed to remove sharp edges
- Confirm part counts are accurate prior to inputting into system
- Submit part request
- Review all specific assigned paperwork (PIMP, travel card, red tags, etc.)
- Accurately track work in Epicor system
- Complete all paperwork when the job is completed so part is ready to move to the next stage
- Continuously monitor quality of part in comparison to approved first article
- Verify dimensions on specific parts as required
- Inform Lead Hand/Manager of any issues or concerns related to the specific part
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Duties:
- Attention to detail.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, hot & dusty environment.
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly.
Apply now – We look forward to meeting you!
Since 1951, Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing: we help people find the right role at any stage of their career—in Canada, and around the world. We work directly with employers to bring you the best opportunities, with no cost to you.
Drake International Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sign up for job alerts at drakeintl.com and make your next move with Drake.