||Apr 30, 2021
Express SRG is seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager to handle our retail construction client’s procurement activities. Reporting directly to the President; the Purchasing Manager's responsibilities include developing purchasing strategies, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs.
What’s in it for you?
Responsibilities (Not limited to : )
- Competitive salary range based on experience.
- Benefits; staff discount; retirement plan.
- Family owned business known for long term employees.
- Fast paced environment.
- Be a part of the leadership team.
- Ensures efficient procurement practices required for daily operation at assigned location.
- Manage supplier relations and negotiate contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
- Maintain the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
- Coordinate with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Ensure that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
- Prepare cost estimates and manage budgets.
- Working to improve purchasing systems and processes.
Express partners with companies that can demonstrate Covid 19 safety protocols and job site safety measures that comply with ministry guidelines to protect all workers.
- 5-10 years’ experience as a Purchasing Manager in building materials/construction.
- Purchasing experience in a retail construction a definite asset.
- Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- Must be highly self-motivated, persistent and able to cope with requirements of a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to develop & maintain long-term business relationships.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Express Employment Professionals is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices.