||Nov 24, 2022
Payments Coordinator (PAP 40711)
Employment Group: Support
Hours: 35 hours per week. Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Pay Details: $30.87 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a full-time temporary Support position until March 31, 2024 (35 hours per week).
Duties: Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, the incumbent provides coordination of payments for the department and the College. In addition, provides general accounting support to the department by ensuring accounting transactions are recorded properly, reconciling general ledger accounts, sampling and auditing invoices, administering the College’s Purchasing Card (PCard) program, providing management reports, assisting in maintaining the integrity of the general ledger system and sub-ledgers pertaining to Payment Services, and preparing year end schedules.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 3-year diploma/degree in Accounting or Finance
- Current enrollment in an introductory level accredited accounting program leading to a professional accounting designation
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an Accounting, or Accounts Payable department, in a computerized, multi-faceted organization using computerized software, spreadsheets, and databases
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Experience in managing and coordinating projects involving multiple departments
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills