Great Lakes Copper Ltd., a Company of Mueller Streamline, has an opportunity for a Millwright to join our team.
Great Lakes Copper is a fully integrated copper tube mill producing a broad assortment of high-quality products, with particular strength in the large OD copper tube market, selling in both Canada and the States. We are based out of London, Ontario and have enjoyed servicing our clients for over 60 years. Great Lakes Copper Ltd. is the only fully integrated copper tube mill in Canada.
Our 200k square foot manufacturing facility includes casting, extrusion, drawing, heat treatment, finishing, assembly and plastic extrusion operations. Our operations also include a 73k square foot distribution and light assembly operation in St. Thomas, Ontario. We have a solid track record and look forward to continued success.
JOIN US! – Opportunities exist within our Maintenance department due to the retirements of employees who remained here for decades.
Our Millwright is an integral part of the Maintenance team, and an important part of Great Lakes Copper’s operational success. Our Millwrights assemble, install, build, maintain and repair equipment and structures at Great Lakes Copper.
- A great team environment – where our highly regarded maintenance team members work collaboratively with one another, operators, and our engineering team.
- A world class Profit-Sharing Pension Plan – participation starts at 3 months!
- Competitive wages
- Overtime available and paid after 40 hours
- Additional shift premiums for afternoon and midnight shifts
- A comprehensive medical, dental and insurance package
- Available immediately!
- Company pays full premiums
- A tool allowance and a well-stocked shop
- Laundered work attire, PPE and PPE allowance
- Family and Employee Assistance Program through a leading provider
- Reward & Recognition Programs
- Educational Reimbursement Programs
- Social activities
- A regular work location and no need to be constantly on the road
- Contribute as a member of a high-performing team, where new and seasoned maintenance staff work and share their experience
- Assemble, install, troubleshoot and repair industrial, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance; maintaining accurate records.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Work collaboratively with operators, engineering department members, colleagues in the maintenance department and management to achieve the needed outcomes.
- Respond to breakdowns
- Follow safe practices and policies
- Valid Industrial Mechanic / Millwright License. ( Either
- At least 2 years of experience in a plant environment, ideally with some experience in a heavy manufacturing plant.
- Proven ability working with welding, pneumatics, hydraulics and heavy equipment is necessary.
- Solid communication skills; ability to listen, understand needs and relay information to those without the same background in a meaningful way.
- Ability to prioritize work and complete tasks as required.
- The ability to work rotating shifts (2 weeks on days, 2 weeks afternoon shift, then 2 weeks midnight shift)
- A collaborative demeanor with the proven ability to work well independently and as a team member.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work over time (which may include weekend hours), as required
- Ideally, exposure to PLC systems including Allen Bradley.
- A demonstrated commitment to safe practices, safety policies and applicable legislation.
- Ability physically to maneuver around workstations, stand, walk crouch. and climb stairs when needed.
- The ability to travel, periodically, to our warehouse in St. Thomas.
Interested and qualified? We encourage you to apply by forwarding your resume to HR@glcopper.com and write this position title in the subject line.
We appreciate all interest however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request during the interview process. To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please email Daniela.Pippo@glcopper.com or call (519)455-0770, ext. 226.