PMR, Probity Medical Research Inc., is a clinical research company that trains and provides administrative support for clinical trial sites. Since 1995, PMR has grown from its head office in Waterloo to research facilities in Australia, Canada, and the United States.
They are currently seeking a Senior Accountant. Responsible for handling the accounting needs of the company, the Senior Accountant processes all the organization’s financial transactions and tracks, maintains and reports all financial information. The ideal candidate must have a solid understanding of full cycle accounting and produce timely and accurate accounting information.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Accumulate and consolidate monthly data, prepare standard financial reports, and support the month end process, including recording and reviewing journal entries, and reconciliations;
- Prepare quarterly statements;
- Ability to handle a large volume of transactions;
- Build strong systems to verify, allocate, post and reconcile AP/AR;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Work effectively and with accuracy as part of both a collaborative team and individually;
- Assist with maintaining and balancing the Health Care spending account;
- Prepare and process invoices, ensure that receivables are collected promptly, bank deposits are accurate and process electronic remittances;
- Manage invoice follow-ups;
- Reconcile all monthly bank accounts and credit card accounts;
- Prepare and present monthly statements of accounts receivable, accounts payable, income statement, and balance sheet;
- Act as liaison with our external accountants and coordinate the annual review engagement and compilations;
- Act as a liaison with banking and investment institutions
- Maintain chart of accounts and monthly budgets;
- Maintain intercompany transactions;
- Responsible for timely government filing for HST, Corporate Tax as well as facilitating payments to WSIB and EHT;
- Assist with forecasting revenues and expenses;
- Provide solutions for potential variances and discrepancies;
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending;
- Analysis of cash flow and daily management of cash revenues according to policy;
- Ensure proper internal controls by developing, strengthening and implementing accounting policies and procedures;
- Execute overall financial reporting including preparation of financial statements, management reports, recommendations, quarterly and year end results;
- Ensure compliance with legislation, regulations, policies and directives governing financial matters;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in Accounting and/or Finance; advantage in holding, or close to obtaining, a professional accounting designation – CPA
- 5+ years previous experience in a similar industry is an asset;
- Solid experience in Sage50, MS Office products with expertise in Excel;
- Strong understanding of accounting standards and practices;
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills;
- Meticulous attention-to-detail;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Solid verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Able to build strong relationships with financial institutions, auditors and government agencies;
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts;
- Able to work well under pressure, meet set deadlines and prioritize;
- Driven with a strong sense of urgency;
- Results oriented.
Work remotely: No
Full COVID-19 precautionary measures in place.
We are committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations if needed. We will consult with you and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.