Autotube is a privately owned Tier 1 automotive parts supplier located in Strathroy, Ontario, specializing in steel tubular components. Our key customers include Fiat Chrysler, General Motors, Toyota and Ford.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all financial, administrative and accounting duties. The position of Controller requires a responsible, organized individual who is able to work in many different areas. This position is a hands-on role in a fast paced environment. The Controller reports directly to the COO and President of the company.
- Lead all finance operational functions including budget preparation and review, modeling, forecasting and cost analysis.
- Responsible for the entire financial function, including cash, accounts receivable, inventory, capital assets, accounts payable.
- Engage with third party organizations (consultants, suppliers, customers, etc.) on financial and other operational matters in order to support the company's activities. Maintain company banking relationships and requirements.
- Support executive reporting including preparation of financial statements, adhoc reporting and analysis as required.
- Proactively provide continuous improvement ideas.
- Manage the annual external audit with all the required supporting reconciliations and documentation.
- Participate in Human Resource functions as required, including WSIB administration, interviewing team members, and wage and benefit administration.
- Perform payroll functions for salaried staff.
- Lead the physical inventory counts and inventory valuation.
- Complete performance appraisals for subordinates ensuring continuous development of staff.
email resume to
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Accounting
- Minimum 5 years work experience in an accounting role with management or supervision experience
- Canadian Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation
- Experience in the Automotive Industry is considered an asset, but not required
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Extensive MS Excel skills
- Self-motivated and driven to work in an environment that relies on both independent and team work to meet goals
- Comfortable in a mid-sized entrepreneurial environment and culture