This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Feb 18, 2020
Looking to take that next step in your finance career? Mission Services of London has an exciting opening on its Finance Team. We are looking for an energic and enthusiastic team player with a strong analytical nature. We are offering a dynamic role that provides senior level growth and mentorship. Our Senior Accountant will assist the Director of Finance in the day-to-day operations of the Finance Team by providing support in preparing/analyzing /interpreting financial statements, completing reconciliations, analyzing/investigating variances, and coordinating all aspects of month-end and year-end closing procedures. The role further supports other Finance Team members with senior level expertise.
Duties & Responsibilities: The incumbent will be accountable for: GL maintenance, including the processing of complex financial transactions and reconciliations; updating and reconciling the Fixed Asset Listing; preparing/analyzing reports for external stakeholders; and supporting the budgeting and cash management processes.
Hours – 40-hour work week with flexible days
Please submit a covering letter with salary expectations along with a resume to:
- College Diploma or University degree in accounting or finance or business
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite programs, proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong knowledge of accounting software packages and HR software packages
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting techniques as well as proficiency with financial statement analysis and projection
- Critical thinker with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with CRMs an asset
- 3+ years of experience in accounting and payroll roles
- Experience and familiarity with not-for-profit accounting and Ontario Health Reporting Standards is an asset
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership to meet deliverables on time
- Ability to rapidly integrate and apply information
- Ability to convey financial information in a concise and thorough manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision, and to also function as a member of a shared accountability team
- French Language Skills an asset
Sarah Davis, Director of Finance