Dowler-Karn is looking to fill a full-time position at its St. Thomas head office. Reporting to the Distribution & Logistics Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for proactively directing and dispatching the daily work schedules of Drivers to effectively and efficiently meet customer delivery needs. The Dispatcher will also review and manage orders, removing obstacles and be responsible for updating and maintaining re-occurring orders and daily activity within the routing system.
Among the current responsibilities of the position, include:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Act as the primary point of contact for Drivers, dispatching daily work and ensuring order fulfillment.
- Monitor the progress and execution of the work plans and adjust schedules accordingly to minimize and prevent run-out occurrences.
- Review and verify routing and delivery information to ensure route efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues encountered by the Driver, including equipment issues, routing or scheduling issues or conflicts.
- Confirm / verify delivery appointments, reschedule and create recurring orders to increase efficiency and improve response / delivery time to customers.
- Conduct interval analysis to ensure effective and timely delivery.
- Provide feedback on day-to-day operations; immediately report safety, performance and attendance issues or successes.
- Promote adherence to relevant Regulatory and Safety requirements and internal standards.
- Monitor and report on propane inventory levels and assist in preparing demand forecasting.
- Answer overflow inbound calls requiring delivery or service. Participate in after-hours on-call rotation as required.
This position is a day shift position, including weekend coverage and overtime to accommodate variable customer and seasonal demands.
Interested applicants are directed to submit a resume and covering letter to HR@dowlerkarn.com. Please reference “YOUR NAME - DISPATCHER” in the email subject line. This is a full-time day position.
The deadline for consideration is 9:00am on Monday, August 10th, 2020. We offer a competitive compensation package including a group benefits program and RRSP program, among other perks.
If you want to learn more about Dowler-Karn, please visit our website at www.dowlerkarn.com or connect with us:
You Tube: http://bit.ly/DowlerKarnCustomers
- Minimum of a grade 12 diploma is required; preference is given to post-secondary education (technical certification in operation or logistics).
- Minimum of three years previous dispatch and / or service coordination experience.
- Proven customer-focused work style.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present information to audiences.
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Office (Word / Excel); previous experience with routing or mapping technology would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of applicable provincial regulation with respect to Propane and Fuels activities as well as Ministry of Transportation and Employment Standards as it relates specifically to the trucking and transportation of dangerous goods. This would be beneficial but is not required.
- Safety and technical knowledge, with the ability to respond effectively to emergencies.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organization skills and flexible nature, given an environment of constant change.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
Dowler-Karn is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs throughout all parts of the hiring process.
Please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a successful family run business that has been in operation for 75 years, Dowler-Karn operates based on its core values of service, integrity, and community responsibility.