Farm Underwriter Position – Now Hiring!
KENT & ESSEX MUTUAL INSURANCE
is a well-established local mutual insurance company in Chatham that takes pride in our dedicated team which provides exceptional customer service to our policyholders and our broker business partners. We are a progressive company that believes in ongoing training and development opportunities for our team as well as a focus on giving back to our community. We provide a competitive compensation package which includes a comprehensive benefit package and pension.
We are seeking a dynamic and results oriented team member who possesses first-hand knowledge of the farming industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for issuing new business, policy renewals, endorsements and cancellations for farm risks (some residential) in accordance with Company underwriting guidelines and your level of underwriting authority. The ability to develop strong working relationships with our broker partners is key to the success of this position. This position will report directly to the Property Underwriting Manager.
The position responsibilities are as follows:
Qualifications for the position are:
- Assessing, accepting, and declining new business submissions, within assigned underwriting authority
- Underwriting renewals and policy endorsements
- Ordering of inspections or other underwriting information for use in your analysis of critical risk hazards
- Develop and maintain positive broker relations
- Review underwriting request providing support to brokers confirming the correct rate and clarifying or explaining underwriting rules to ensure they are applied accurately
- Participate in insurance industry functions and marketing events in support of broker relationship development and team building
- Professional, friendly and courteous interactions with brokers and coworkers
- 2 – 5 years of farm underwriting experience or equivalent knowledge of the farming industry
- A general knowledge of building construction and residential properties is beneficial
- Dependable, organized and willingness to learn
- A team player with strong administrative and effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office products and the ability to learn our in-house software
- CIP designation (or working towards)
- Demonstrates a high level of respect for confidentiality
- Exceptional customer service skills
If you feel this is the job for you, please apply in confidence to Human Resources via email to: email@example.com
. Preference will be given to applicants with insurance experience.
Opportunity to work remote with attendance in the office required for meetings and collaboration as needed. Interested but have questions about this – please call Human Resources to review!
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).