GAS TECHNICIAN (G2)
Dowler-Karn Limited, a leading Southwestern Ontario propane and fuel distributor, has an immediate opening for a permanent, fulltime Licensed Service Technician (G2) for its St. Thomas head office.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the successful candidate is responsible for installing and servicing complex residential, agricultural and commercial propane related equipment in addition to servicing petroleum dispensing equipment and other fuels applications; inspection of propane appliances and piping systems. The Service Technician will also be accountable for upholding the highest standards for safety in the service and handling of propane & fuels and for conducting regular vehicle inspections and maintenance.
Minimum qualifications include:
LICENSED SERVICE TECHNICIAN
- Current holder of a valid G2 license with 3-5 years of experience.
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma is required.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract; a DZ license would be an asset.
- Liquid propane endorsement, crop dry technician (CDT) and / or petroleum maintenance mechanic certification would be preferred.
- Sound technical knowledge of propane and fuel equipment and plant operations.
- Good knowledge of the B149 code and liquid fuels code 2017 would be an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as well as perform rotating on-call duties as required.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be a flexible and dependable team player.
- Personable and confident individual with good time management skills, who can work well under pressure in a variety of situations.
- A strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn in a dynamic and ever-changing environment is necessary.
- Have sufficient physical strength and stamina to lift heavy materials and stand for long periods.
- Must be good at diagnosing problems.
** Applicants with a Gasfitter 3 license will be considered with the requirement that a Gasfitter 2 license must be obtained.
The successful candidate must be willing to work in all kinds of weather conditions. A self-directed and safety conscious attitude is a must. Lift truck experience and fall protection training would be considered a benefit. A willingness to participate in all training programs as directed by the company is a must, including petroleum equipment mechanic (PM4) and liquid propane handling certification. This position will support service operations at our other branches.
Dowler-Karn Limited places great importance in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay and incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package.
As a successful family run business that has been in operation for over 75 years, Dowler-Karn operates based on its core values of service, integrity, and community responsibility.
Interested applicants are directed to submit a resume and cover letter to HR@dowlerkarn.com. Please reference “Your Name- Service Tech”. The deadline for consideration is 9:00am, Monday June 1st, 2020.
If you want to learn more about Dowler-Karn, please visit our website at www.dowlerkarn.com or connect with us:
You Tube: http://bit.ly/DowlerKarnCustomers
Dowler-Karn is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs throughout all parts of the hiring process.
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted; no phone calls please.