Open: March 24, 2020
Deadline: March 30, 2020
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within this bargaining unit.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Switchboard & Operations, the Linen Worker is responsible for performing laundry services and responding to requests for linen from hospital departments.
Rate of Pay: $20.72 per hour - $22.35 per hour
Initial Shift: *All shifts and placements subject to change according to the Collective Agreement
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent acceptable to the Hospital
- Ability to perform physically demanding work
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills
- Proficient computer knowledge with the ability to enter data accurately and efficiently
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with patients, public and staff
- Self-directed and ability to demonstrate initiative
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and prioritize multiple and changing demands
- High motivation and excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team under minimal supervision
- Customer focused with a positive service oriented attitude
- Demonstrated knowledge of & commitment to the principles of patient & family centered care
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/ Diphtheria/Polio; Meningitis.
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing (two step)
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable..
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Please be advised that a reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory police information check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.