||Jun 08, 2021
Our client is a successful and reputable boutique financial services firm who specializes in financial planning, investment management, group benefits and estate planning for families and business owners across Canada. On their behalf, we are currently searching for a skilled FINANCIAL PLANNING ANALYST (PARAPLANNER). In this exciting role you will be part of a dedicated team who supports their Financial Advisors/Partners.
- The Financial Planning Analyst is a key member of our client’s team. The role prepares financial plans and reports on behalf of the Partners/Advisors, providing greater capacity for Partners to focus on client-facing activities and prospecting for new accounts.
- The Financial Planning Analyst is responsible to work with the firm’s Partners/Advisors to prepare financial plans for their individual, family, and business owner clients. The role collects and analyzes financial information to prepare retirement forecasts, retirement income plans, life insurance needs analyses, and investment portfolio analyses on behalf of the advisor.
- The Financial Planning Analyst researches financial databases and products that match clients’ needs and utilizes financial planning software to develop financial plans and reports. The position is accountable for ensuring all client-related activity is documented in our Client Relationship Management (CRM) software and tracks and reports on activity by Advisor.
Benefits & Perks:
- Diploma in Financial Services, Financial Planning, or related program.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Investment Funds Course (CIFC).
- MFDA Mutual Fund licensed.
- Life Licensed Qualification Program (LLQP) licensed.
- Interest in pursuing and obtaining Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification within the first five (5) years of employment.
- Current Qualified Associate Financial Planner (QAFP) certification preferred, or willing to obtain within the first three (3) years of employment.
- Up to two (2) years financial planning, investment planning, insurance and risk management, and retirement planning experience.
- High level of knowledge of securities requirements in Ontario and other jurisdictions as required, including Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) and Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC).
- Proficient with Financial Planning software (ex. NaviPlan, VisionWorks, Conquest) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (ex. Sage).
- Demonstrated advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Intermediate level proficiency in PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail and able to focus for extended periods of time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; is able to describe complex financial planning concepts in a way that is clear and readily understood by the client.
- Professional approach and demeanour.
- Committed to the highest level of integrity and ethical conduct; handles confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering exceptional client experiences; investigates and responds to issues promptly.
- Self-directed, able to work well independently with limited direction.
- Collaborative team player, works with partners, advisors, and financial planning administration to provide clients with a professional and seamless financial planning experience.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work with a variety of team members, demonstrates respect for individual differences and diverse perspectives.
- Able to analyze, organize and prioritize work from multiple different sources with potentially conflicting deadlines.
- Keep others informed and up-to-date about the status of projects and/or all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities.
- Demonstrates critical thinking, questions and challenges own thoughts, ideas, and assumptions and respectfully challenges those of others.
- Possesses a continuous process improvement mindset, able to identify inefficiencies with processes and recommend improvements, documenting and updating standard operating procedures.
- Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal background check and credit check.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to partnering with you and will review your resume immediately. Your resume and contact information are never shared until we have spoken to you and have your permission.
- Benefits Plan
- Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Competitive compensation
- Vacation and paid time off
- On-site parking
- Opportunities for continuous learning, career growth, and development
- Ability to work with the firm’s Partners/Advisors to gain knowledge from over 100 years of combined experience
- A dynamic work environment with a team that will make you feel welcome and valued
Calibre Recruitment is a full-service firm that provides permanent, contract and project-based recruitment solutions. Whether it’s entry-level or management, we have expertise filling all administrative, customer service, accounting, engineering, IT, manufacturing, marketing, sales and skilled trades positions.
We are passionate about finding the right fit for you and your next employer. Regardless of your position, industry or specialization, Calibre Recruitment has the business contacts. We have one of the best, brightest and most connected recruitment teams in the industry and we are here to help move you along in your career.