DZ UTILITY DRIVER
Dowler-Karn Limited, a leading Southwestern Ontario propane and fuel distributor, has an immediate opening for a permanent, fulltime Tandem Delivery Driver for its St. Marys branch. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the successful candidate is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of propane and fuel to our customers.
Qualifications and Skills:
A self-directed and safety conscious attitude is a must as is a willingness to participate in all training programs as directed by the company. This position requires work to be completed in a variety of weather conditions.
Hours of work will fluctuate with seasonal or branch demands as well as the specific driver function being performed. Overtime will be required at times.
- Must have a valid, clean and current Ontario DZ driver’s license with Air Brake endorsement.
- Clean driving abstract
- Minimum of 3-5 years driving experience, preferably with a tandem truck. Liquids experience is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with customers, peers, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Able to work alone and unsupervised, possessing ability to attend work regularly and on time.
- Physically fit. Ability to lift, carry and push items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work variable hours, to perform call outs, and rotational on-call duties as required.
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma and basic math, reading, and legible writing skills in completing meter tickets, record-keeping, and daily driver reports.
- General mechanical ability for truck inspections.
- Clean and neat in appearance with strong customer service skills and team player.
Dowler-Karn Limited places great importance in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Driver pay starts at $24.00 per hour.
Interested applicants are directed to submit a resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Your Name - St Marys Driver”. Applicants are required to provide a current CVOR and driver’s abstract prior to consideration and must possess a clean abstract. The deadline for consideration is 9:00 am, Monday, August 10, 2020.
If you want to learn more about Dowler-Karn, please visit our website at www.dowlerkarn.com or connect with us:
You Tube: http://bit.ly/DowlerKarnCustomers
As a successful family run business that has been in operation for over 75 years, Dowler-Karn operates based on its core values of service, integrity and community responsibility.
Dowler-Karn is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs throughout all parts of the hiring process.
Please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.