Drake International is proudly partnered with a reputable & growing company in Strathroy who are looking to add a Tool and Die Maker to their team.
This is a full time opportunity that will allow candidates to learn and grow their skillset on the job. Our client offers a great work environment, benefits, profit sharing & shift premiums. As part of their maintenance team you will be relied on to keep the ball rolling.
Scope of role:
- Perform maintenance on all plant equipment including disassembly, cleaning, inspection for damage or wear, repair and re-assembly;
- Fabricate mould inserts, components, fixtures and tooling with and without engineering prints and 3D CAD molds using milling, turning, and grinding;
- Fit and assemble parts and tests completed molds for proper operation;
- Verify conformance of repaired molds or related tooling to specification by checking dimension, clearances and alignments using various test equipment to ensure consistently working to close tolerances;
- Modify existing moulds based on productions demands;
- Establish preventative maintenance program;
- Manufacture jigs and fixtures for production and assembly;
- Check molds for hidden defects;
- Communication issues to Technical Manager;
- Maintain a clean work environment at the end of every shift;
- Perform general maintenance and clean up for all tool room equipment
- Licensed Mould Maker or Tool and Die Certificate
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in mould making/tool & die
- Use of CAD/CAM systems and computer systems
- Ability to problem solve both independently and as a team
- Ability to prioritize work and good organizational skills
- Proven communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Great benefits package after three months
- Shift Premiums
- Profit Sharing
- Safety footwear allowance
$62-64K to start
Must be willing to work rotating shifts
Interested candidates, please submit your resume for consideration. While we appreciate all applications, only those who meet the specific requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing, naturally evolving to offer a dynamic suite of Talent Management Solutions. Our mission is to create opportunities for people and increase organization's bottom line, through maximizing the potential of human capital assets.
Thank you for your interest to be a part of our Top Talent group. To ensure that you get notified of the new hot jobs we post every day on our website, join the Drake Talent Networks. It's free, simple and quick.
Thank you for applying!