Drake International is proudly partnered with a reputable & growing company in St Thomas who are looking to add members a Mechanical Assembler to their team.
This is a full time opportunity that will allow candidates to learn and grow their skillset on the job. Our client offers a great work environment and 40 hours per week. This is a great opportunity for candidates who enjoy working on heavy machinery.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read work orders, follow production drawings and sample assemblies, or receive verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed
- Able to read and Interpret Hydraulic and pneumatic Schematics
- Knowledge and experience in assembly of mechanical devices, hydraulic systems and Pneumatic Systems
- Knowledge and experience in assembly of drive train components and layout will be considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience in assembly of electrical components will be considered an asset
- Able to work effectively as a team member and independently
- Able to operate a fork lift and Overhead Crane
- Able to work in a fast paced environment on several assignments simultaneously
- Prospective candidates must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in assembly with mechanical systems including hydraulic systems
- Prospective candidates must also have a broad range of tools that are applicable to their respective trade
- Prospective candidates must have excellent work habits and a commitment to procedures and accuracy
Note** schedule will be moving to 4 – 10 hour shifts for the summer season.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume for consideration. While we appreciate all applications, only those who meet the specific requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing, naturally evolving to offer a dynamic suite of Talent Management Solutions. Our mission is to create opportunities for people and increase organization's bottom line, through maximizing the potential of human capital assets.
Thank you for your interest to be a part of our Top Talent group. To ensure that you get notified of the new hot jobs we post every day on our website, join the Drake Talent Networks. It's free, simple and quick.
Thank you for applying!