This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Sep 22, 2020
Part-time Indigenous Transition and Learning Advisor (2 Positions) (FNC 201900409)
Institute of Indigenous Learning
Employment Group: Support
Hours: Up to 24 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Pay Details: $25.27 per hour
Closing Date: October 2, 2020
Note: These are part-time temporary positions (up to 24 hours per week) until March 31, 2021.
Duties: The Indigenous Transition and Learning Advisor (ITLA) provides comprehensive access and transition support services for potential and current Indigenous Fanshawe students. The ITLA will focus on Indigenous students who are at-risk due to academic performance, financial uncertainty, accessibility and mental health, as well as historical and intergenerational trauma (adverse childhood experiences).
To accomplish this, the ITL offers a series of trust-based relationship interventions to identify and provide solutions to individual student needs as they transition to the College. Interventions can occur with respect to accessing College programs, navigating a new College environment, academic supports, acts of daily living, and Indigenous culture-based wellness supports. The ITLA plans, develops, creates and facilitates individualized outcome-based interventions on all manner of transition related activities and materials. The ITLA provides transition information, advice and support services for academic and student support units at Fanshawe College.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to apply:
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME VIA EMAIL (quoting Competition No. FNC 201900409) TO:
Assistant Manager, Institute of Indigenous Learning
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 3 year diploma/degree in Human Services, Public Safety, or Business
- Minimum 2 years direct experience as an Indigenous College student with a clear understanding of the factors impacting Indigenous student success
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Knowledge of Fanshawe College programs, services, and student success services are essential
- Require an understanding of Indigenous approaches to establishing trust-based relationships
- Experience in personal support, advising, and skills assessment required
- Experience working with Indigenous peoples is required