||Apr 30, 2021
Part Time Position Description
Position: Communication Officer, London & Middlesex Local Immigration Partnership (LMLIP) (Part-Time)
The London & Middlesex Local Immigration Partnership (LMLIP) is a collaborative community initiative funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. LMLIP and its staff work on behalf of London and Middlesex communities to develop successful and sustainable strategies for the integration of immigrants. LMLIP is co-led by the City of London and a member of the community. LMLIP is a sponsored project hosted at WIL Employment Connections on behalf of the City of London.
Reporting directly to the LMLIP Project Coordinator with accountability to the LMLIP Co-Chairs, Central Council and lateral accountability, as WIL employee, to the Executive Director of WIL (project sponsor), the LMLIP Communication Officer, supports the facilitation of the LMLIP community initiative to enhance the integration of immigrants into the London and Middlesex community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES:
COMPETENCIES AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Develop a communications plan to promote and raise awareness of LMLIP and all LMLIP activities;
- Support the LMLIP Project Team in communicating and promoting events;
- Create and maintain LMLIP social media campaigns (e.g., I am London);
- Update LMLIP related web-content;
- Maintain current media contact lists;
- Draft news releases;
- Support LMLIP Team and Co-Chairs in engagements with media and content creation such as blogs and editorials;
- Strengthen reach and audience of LMLIP Biweekly Roundup communications;
- Provide online communications support to the LMLIP Coordinator and the LMLIP Project Assistant as required for events;
- Generate invoices, as required, to submit for billing to the WIL Accounting Supervisor;
- Support the colleagues of the broader WIL organization as per the need;
- Utilize LMLIP/WIL resources in the course of fulfilling one’s job responsibility and share appropriately within the work unit and within the organization;
- Enhance LMLIP’s and WIL’s reputation through the work efforts of the position so that both LMLIP as a project and WIL as the host sponsor are viewed by external agencies and individuals as being organizations of integrity, ethical conduct and corporate responsibility.
This position is a part time position of 20 hours per week.
Please forward applications no later than 4:00pm on Monday, May 10, 2021 to:
- Post-secondary education in public relations, communication or relevant field;
- Working experience in the field for at two years;
- Highly organized and proficient in managing social media platforms;
- Experience increasing distribution reach of newsletter content;
- Experience maintaining communication databases, communication e-lists and mail marketing solutions;
- Advanced level of proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel , Adobe,
- Photo and video editing skills (using Photoshop for example);
- Experience in web editing and content production;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of the London and Middlesex communities and current immigration issues;
- Effective interpersonal skills for external and internal relationships and ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Mature, confident, innovative individual who understands the issues related to successful settlement of immigrants and newcomers;
- High cultural competency;
- Problem solving skills; and
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset.
Hiring Committee / LMLIP Communications Officer
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, Ontario N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com. Please reference Hiring Committee/LMLIP Communications Officer in Subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
Please note that during our physical office closure due to Covid-19, all organizational staff are working remotely through video conferencing, remote desktop and VOIP phone systems. During this time, all interviews will be conducted through video conferencing platforms. The health and safety of all current and future WIL employees is of critical importance to the organization. A future return to the workplace will be staged, measured and receptive to accommodation needs.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about WIL, please visit www.WIL.ca. For more information about the London Middlesex Local Immigration Partnership, please visit: https://london.ca/immigration/community-support/LMLIP