This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Mar 23, 2021
Do you enjoy contributing to the full accounting cycle? Do you have excellent attention to detail?
Would you like to work for a company with a family-friendly work environment?
Do you want to make a difference inspiring Canadian children and youth?
If so, we invite you to submit your application to join Let’s Talk Science – Canada’s leading national, charitable organization that engages youth in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) –
and become the newest member of our growing team.
We are seeking a highly organized and deadline driven Finance Assistant with strong analytical and problem solving skills. In this position you will execute a full range of activities relating to the accounting cycle.
- Ensuring that financial data are accurate and up-to-date in order to provide information for decision-making and to facilitate day-to-day operations
- Act as a resource for the accounting system; includes coordinating staff and volunteer access, trouble-shooting questions and maintenance of the user guide
- Run various queries using our financial reporting system, including ad hoc requests from staff
- Assist with month end financial activities
- Assists in general administrative duties and ensures that general operations are maintained at a high standard
- Prepare and or act as backup for bi-weekly payroll
This is a full-time 1-year renewable contract, that includes benefits and is based at our National Office in London, Ontario. Due to COVID we are offering temporary flexibility to work remotely from a home office.
A full position description can be downloaded from our website at: http://www.letstalkscience.ca/About-Us/Careers
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter (including salary expectations) as outlined below and quote “Finance Assistant” by 11:59 pm on Sunday April 11th, 2021 to:
Human Resources Generalist, Let’s Talk Science
1510 Woodcock Street, Unit 12 London, ON N6H 5S1
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please submit all documents in one pdf file)
FAX: (519) 474-4085
Let’s Talk Science invites applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to employment equity and building a diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society and especially welcome applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2 persons and others who may contribute to the diversification of ideas. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact the Human Resources representative listed above. Please also note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank everyone for their expression of interest and are truly appreciative of the time individuals put into applying. However, with the limitations on time only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Degree in accounting, finance or a related field with 2+ years of clerical accounting experience; an equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel
- Experience working with accounting software; Financial Edge preferred
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and associated procedures
- Good understanding of CRA and Canadian standards
- Not-for-profit accounting and/or payroll experience considered assets
- Bilingual (English and French) an asset