||Mar 24, 2021
Digital HR Functional Lead (3 Positions) (DHR 40033)
Employment Group: Admin
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. These positions will currently work remotely with the possibility of a hybrid (remote/in office) approach in the future.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Note: Three (3) positions are available for Digital HR Functional Lead with expertise in:
1. Payroll, Time and Attendance, or
2. Compensation and Benefits, or
3. Recruitment and Onboarding.
Please state your specialty area in your cover letter.
Note: These are full-time temporary Administrative positions (37.5 hours per week) ending March 30, 2023.
Duties: The Digital HR Functional Lead contributes to a multi-year Digital HR project to implement new process design and a new Human Resource Management System (HRMS) for Fanshawe College. The incumbent oversees the functionality of new HR technology in:
This initiative is part of the larger, strategic Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) project in which digital solutions for HR, Finance and Student systems will enable the College’s future directions. The project also contributes to the College’s digital and data strategies.
The project vision is to provide transformational process and design and an intuitive HR technology that enables a fully integrated and seamless employee experience while enhancing HR service delivery through automation, manager and employee self service capabilities and data analytics.
Reporting to the Digital HR Project Lead, the Digital HR Functional Lead has deep experience in their functional area and leads activities including consultations with stakeholders, subject matter experts, and technical experts to make decisions about system configuration, security, workflows, data management and analytics, reporting and system integrations. The incumbent participates in creating policy and risk protocols for the overall HR operations enabled by the new technology and in activities related to user adoption. The Digital HR Functional Lead oversees the work of a Digital HR Functional Analyst performing data conversion, report design, documentation, testing, and go-live and post go-live support.
The Digital HR Functional Lead is part of the Digital HR Project Team consisting of people from the College and experts from the technology vendor including Functional Analysts and Functional Leads, the Digital HR Project Lead, HRMS Advisor, IT Leads and Analysts, ERP Project Manager and the Vendor System Implementer within the Governance structure of the ERP.
- Core HR
- Compensation and Benefits
- Payroll, Time and Attendance, or
- Recruitment and Onboarding
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 3-year diploma/degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience in area of expertise
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working in a large, multi-department organization
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Familiarity with union and non-unionized working environments would be an asset
- Experience required working in a project environment with multiple priorities and
- strict time constraints
- Strong team work, consultation, analytical, problem-solving and decision skills
- Prior experience using cloud-based HR technology is preferred
- Experience in using systems is required and beneficial to have experience with: Colleague HR, SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite